[quote=cinderellaseviltwin]Who is a fan of taking an hpt before Beta and who isn’t?
I had a 5 day transfer on Friday and am debating if I even want to attempt an hpt in a few days. Hubs says absolutely not. On one hand I get that, but on the other if I am preg. I don’t want the thrill of waiting for that test taken away. Also if it was negative then I think I might be a little more prepared when they call after the beta and maybe I won’t break down crying on the phone with my nurse.
On the other hand I think I will be TERRIFIED of seeing that negative and maybe I should just wait until beta…although I know it is possible to get a false negative…is it possible to get a false positive once the hcg trigger is cleared out?[/quote]
I am struggling with this same thing right now! I am 9pt, and still no test. I am not going to take one. I almost did this afternoon. I really had to go pee pee on the way home from work. So I went into the bathroom (my cell phone was in my back pocket - this detail is important in a minute) and I am having a moral issue of to take, or not to take. So I go into my fertility bin in my linen closet and get out the one and only HPT test I have. And I go a little with it sitting next to me. Then I decide…stop! I’m going to take a test now (even though I know I should be doing this first thing in the a.m.) and I rip the corner of the test. And my phone rings. It was my DAD!!! And he never calls. So I am like FINE WORLD GOD KARMA!! I WON"T TAKE THE STINKING TEST! :grr:
Grrrr…So now I’m not going to.
Its a very personal choice. I am scared to get the no. This is my 7th time (3 IUI’s and 4th IVF) and I have never had a yes and have unexplained infertility, so…I am desperate for the yes!! So i’m scared to take the test and get a no. I know it doesn’t change the outcome but I’m going to wait. If I take one, it will be Sunday, before the Beta test, with just me and my hubby.