The Rollercoaster Begins Again...

So, the rollercoaster is beginning once again!! I went in for my baseline appointment yesterday and was prepared to start my meds, but my lining was at a 9 and had not shed!!! The nurse thought that I may have started a new cycle even through my bcp’s and was expecting the bloodwork to show that. But then the bloodwork came back at a “normal” range.
WTH??? What does this mean??? I thought I had been through pretty much everything under the sun, but this is a new one. I have been bleeding for almost three weeks straight; had breakthrough bleeding, then bled from the hysteroscopy, and now what I thought was my period. All this bleeding, yet I still have a thick lining? I don’t get it. The bleeding has only been like a light to medium period, but still.

I am going back to have another ultrasound and blood work tomorrow. RE is hoping I will have shed the lining between now and then. We only have four embryos left and our already maxed out financially…I need this cycle to be the best possible. Is this going to effect my chances?

Also, the nurse said my E2 was a “little high”, but within the normal range at an 88. Any insight on what this means? There was a large cyst as well, would it be causing my E2 to be on the higher side? Thanks again for any input!!

Hi Britt.

Ugh! I know you must feel very frustrated with all of this. I’m not sure why your lining is thick if you started your AF- I wish I could be more helpful. Hopefully your lining will be nice and thin in several days to start your new cycle. :pray: :pray:

Cysts give off estrogen which will increase your estrogen levels. This is may be why your E2 levels are high.

I wish you the best of luck! :grouphug:

Hi Britt,

I hope you have a beter outcome tomorrow. I’ve experienced a similar issue about a year ago but for a fresh cycle. I had been on BCP’s for almost 2 months and while AF had arrived CD2 my lining was still a whooping 10 :woohoo: . Of course I did not move forward with that cycle. I’m not sure what causes that to happen and the impact on a FET.

Did you Re give you any idea of what they thought had/was taking place?

As for the cyst yes they can cause E2 levels to rise. Has happened to me most of my cycles.

Hey Brit! Sorry this is happening… I have you beat… LMAO… I bled for 4 weeks straight, and went in, and the doctor knew right away what was happening… He did an ultrasound, and my lining was at 17mm (I haven’t been monitored since my July failure, so I haven’t had a period since last August)… He had to give me prometrium to start a period and rid myself of the lining, which now I am having the period from hell… IVM#2 is coming up in February and I can’t do it without getting rid of all this lining… I asked him how you can have period like bleeding without losing the lining, and he told me that it is definitely possible if you haven’t ovulated, it messes with the hormones and you bleed because of the progesterone and estrogen levels… Maybe that is what happened… Good luck honey!

Thanks sooo much ladies for the stories. Glad to hear I am not the only one this has happened to. When it happened to y’all…what did you do? Go back on birth control, wait a month then cycle…what??

Hopefully I will have shed my lining and can move forward, but considering I am not really bleeding anymore, I don’t see that happening.

Do my hormones being elevated a bit affect my chances??? Thanks again everyone! I am soo excited about trying for number two, but I want the cycle to be the best possible!

[quote=brit1612]Thanks sooo much ladies for the stories. Glad to hear I am not the only one this has happened to. When it happened to y’all…what did you do? Go back on birth control, wait a month then cycle…what??

Hopefully I will have shed my lining and can move forward, but considering I am not really bleeding anymore, I don’t see that happening.

Do my hormones being elevated a bit affect my chances??? Thanks again everyone! I am soo excited about trying for number two, but I want the cycle to be the best possible![/quote]

For me my issue was much more involved than just my lining. I also had a mass that they couldn’t figure out whether it was a hydro or a cyst so I went back and forth with different doctors and RE’s trying to determine what it was. I even had the fluid drained at one point and it indicated a cyst so I cycled and was unsuccessful and didn’t even make it to ET.

I’ve since had a lap and a break for the last 3 months and gearing up again.

As far as my lining I think the culprit for my issue was that I was BCP’s for way to long and in the mist of that got a sinus infection that was being treated with antiboitics that caused me to have heavy breakthrough bleeding while on the BCP’s and so I was changed to a stonger dose so I think that I had actually started a new cycle that built upon the prev cycle that never completely shed. If that even makes since.

Thanks, it does sound somewhat similar to what was going on with me. I started having breakthrough bleeding my second week of bcp and it really never stopped. I had a hysteroscopy done about the third week, so I assumed that the bleeding continued because of that??! But who knows what is really going on. I am fine with having my cycle delayed, but I am really worried about how I get back to normal so that I can have a shot at success whenever I do cycle. We have 4 precious embryos left and then we are calling it quits. I just don’t want to waste any!! :slight_smile: Thanks again for the help. Your little guy is adorable!

Just thought I would update this. I went back in today and got the results I expected. No real change in the lining, it had went down from a 9 to like a 6, but that is still not what was needed.

Now I am waiting for a call from the nurse with what my RE wants to do next. She expects I will either go on bcp’s again or just do nothing and wait for another period to come. Either way, I won’t be cycling this month. I am dissappointed, but things have always seemed to work out for the better in the past. So, I am thinking there is some good reason for this. Thanks ladies!

UGH- so frustrating, I know, I’ve been there many times- I think I was canceled three times at baseline. Honestly, I think it might be better for you to wait for that cyst to go down anyway. For my last two cycles I used ganirelix to get the cyst to go away and it worked but I’m betting your lining is more of an issue. I’m sorry I can’t be of much help in the lining department but my fingers are crossed for you for when you do get to complete your next cycle. Good luck!