The secret to my success

Hi everyone! just wanted to share with all of you who have the same issue as me… Recurrent Pregnancy Loss…
After all the losses I´ve had… and after seeing 4 different doctors… I found a wonderful doctor who gave me the right medicines in the right amount, and I´m now 5 months pregnant : )
I wanted to share with you what worked for me, hoping it will work for someone else too.
First of all… don´t be afraid to change doctors if the one you´re with is not helping. I finally found a doctor who understood the problem I was having and gave me the following treatment:[LIST=1]
[]meticorten 10mg since the moment i found out I was pregnant
[
]vitamin B12 (here in mexico called Tiaminal B12 specifically) since before I knew I was pregnant
[]heparin (clexane) 60 (I think the dose did the trick because on my other pregnancies I had been on less dose.
[
]folic acid 8mg
[]baby aspirin since before I knew I was pregnant
[
]Progesterone 200 taken in the morning and 200 taken at night since the moment I found out I was pregnant and was reduced to only 200 at night when I was 14 weeks pregnant (I know for sure I will be taking it the whole pregnancy).[/LIST]I really hope this helps someone.

Rpl

Thanks for sharing your story and Congrats :preg: !

Thanks so much for replying (I got your PM as well:))
Congrats, Fer, you give me hope I so need right now:)

I never saw anybody taking 8 mg of Folic Acid (I only take 5mg), I will ask my RE about the dose as well.
Also, as of lately, I see many are taking vitamins B12 / B6 / D. I think I should ask my RE about these as well.

Can you, ladies, please share the dose of B12 you are on? Thanks!

forgot to add 1gr of vitamin C every day as an antioxidant since I knew I was pregnant!

Thanks!

Congrats! Glad to know that it’s possible to still get pregnant after recurrent miscarriages!

Were your miscarriages before 6 weeks or after? Just curious because I just experienced 2 miscarriages at 5 weeks (chemical pregnancies).

TIA

[QUOTE=fermin78]Hi everyone! just wanted to share with all of you who have the same issue as me… Recurrent Pregnancy Loss…
After all the losses I´ve had… and after seeing 4 different doctors… I found a wonderful doctor who gave me the right medicines in the right amount, and I´m now 5 months pregnant : )
I wanted to share with you what worked for me, hoping it will work for someone else too.
First of all… don´t be afraid to change doctors if the one you´re with is not helping. I finally found a doctor who understood the problem I was having and gave me the following treatment:[LIST=1]
[]meticorten 10mg since the moment i found out I was pregnant
[
]vitamin B12 (here in mexico called Tiaminal B12 specifically) since before I knew I was pregnant
[]heparin (clexane) 60 (I think the dose did the trick because on my other pregnancies I had been on less dose.
[
]folic acid 8mg
[]baby aspirin since before I knew I was pregnant
[
]Progesterone 200 taken in the morning and 200 taken at night since the moment I found out I was pregnant and was reduced to only 200 at night when I was 14 weeks pregnant (I know for sure I will be taking it the whole pregnancy).[/LIST]I really hope this helps someone.[/QUOTE]
Just noticed- why were you given meticorten? What does it help with?

My miscarriages were between week 4 and 9

[QUOTE=Motheriseverything]Just noticed- why were you given meticorten? What does it help with?[/QUOTE]
I was given meticorten to prevent antiphospholipid syndrome because I had tests done and came back with pHOSPHATIDYLSERINE IGM PS AT 15.81 ( a little bit high, I think normal is 15) so my doctor gave me the medicine to prevent another miscarriage.

[QUOTE=Motheriseverything]Just noticed- why were you given meticorten? What does it help with?[/QUOTE]
I was given meticorten to prevent antiphospholipid syndrome because I had tests done and came back with pHOSPHATIDYLSERINE IGM PS AT 15.81 ( a little bit high, I think normal is 15) so my doctor gave me the medicine to prevent another miscarriage.

fermin78,
from another thread (http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/recurrent-miscarriages/2020215030-rpl-followed-unexplained-infertility-now-explained.html) I understand that you got pregnant b/c you were off Meticorten. But as soon as you got BFP you’ve been put on Meticorten again. Is it so? Were you put on Prednisone from the very first day you knew you are pregnant?

Thanks so much for your replies! I haven’t had any tests done yet, but I am going to see my obgyn next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed…

Good luck on the remainder of ur pregnancy!

[QUOTE=delusion]fermin78,
from another thread (http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/recurrent-miscarriages/2020215030-rpl-followed-unexplained-infertility-now-explained.html) I understand that you got pregnant b/c you were off Meticorten. But as soon as you got BFP you’ve been put on Meticorten again. Is it so? Were you put on Prednisone from the very first day you knew you are pregnant?[/QUOTE]

Hi,
Yes I was put on prednisone again as soon as I found out I was pregnant