The wait in between treatments

Hi everyone,

I recently made the switch from an OB to an RE and it feels like the diagnostic cycle is lasting forever.

I have had massive amounts of blood work, i have a biopsy and sonohysterogram in 2 days which i am slightly freaking out about, and it feels like the diagnostics are never ending.

There is no plan right now and that is driving me a little insane. I dont know what to do with myself in this wait…

any suggestions?

[QUOTE=lokaxena]Hi everyone,

I recently made the switch from an OB to an RE and it feels like the diagnostic cycle is lasting forever.

I have had massive amounts of blood work, i have a biopsy and sonohysterogram in 2 days which i am slightly freaking out about, and it feels like the diagnostics are never ending.

There is no plan right now and that is driving me a little insane. I dont know what to do with myself in this wait…

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

So no meds or any “treatment” right now, just tests? I understand that the waiting must stink but at least they will give you some answers and that is invaluable. Maybe this way they will find out the exact course of action and it will give you a :bfp: right away and then all the waiting will be worth it! Maybe ask them what the “plan” is after your biopsy and sonohysterogram??? Good luck and keep us posted

[quote=lokaxena]Hi everyone,

any suggestions?[/quote]

I hope that all of the testing will bring you some answers :slight_smile: Just stay positive!! Its great that you are doing something about it all. Let us know what the plan is when you know :slight_smile: Good luck!

I remember the diagnostic month was rough to get through but just keep thinking you are one step closer. In hindsight it was nice to sit down with the dr when it was all said and done and be able to see the overall picture on what is going on (if anything) with you and your DH so you and your RE can come up with the best course of treatment

Keep staying positive; you’ll get through this!! :babydust:

[quote=ForeverHopeful23]I remember the diagnostic month was rough to get through but just keep thinking you are one step closer. In hindsight it was nice to sit down with the dr when it was all said and done and be able to see the overall picture on what is going on (if anything) with you and your DH so you and your RE can come up with the best course of treatment

Keep staying positive; you’ll get through this!! :babydust:[/quote]

Hi Forever :slight_smile: Question for you… Can I ask why you are taking a steroid with every cycle? Do you have antibodies that are potentially harming sperm? I am just curious because I recently read about this and I wonder if that is what is happening to me?? Of course I have come up with 20 diagnosis for myself but this stuff makes you a little crazy!!

[QUOTE=Hopeful0093]Hi Forever :slight_smile: Question for you… Can I ask why you are taking a steroid with every cycle? Do you have antibodies that are potentially harming sperm? I am just curious because I recently read about this and I wonder if that is what is happening to me?? Of course I have come up with 20 diagnosis for myself but this stuff makes you a little crazy!![/QUOTE]

I was told it was to bring down my male hormone associated with my pcos for my estrogen to take off with the Clomid. I would have thought the complete opposite to be honest lol.

Yeah im still in the self-diagnosis phase too. Since my RE did not find any endo or other issues keeping me from carrying a child, and i responded well with Clomid… I am thinking i may have hostile CM. Besides my pcos i dont seem to have any other physical issues keeping me from conceiving. I ran my thoughts by my RE and he said i could have hostile CM but since we are moving forward with IUI it will bypass the CM all together. So i guess they wont be testing me since we are doing IUI now… I will assume i will have been correct with my theory if IUI ends up being successful within these next 3 cycles :pray:

And now the real waiting game begins.

I have completed all of my blood work and sonohysterogram and biopsy.

Both of which were horrible. I had them both on Friday and today I am still hurting from it. I am also still bleeding…which apparently isnt normal according to the nurse when i called this morning…but she figures because i had both done within 2 hours of eachother there was a lot of trauma. So if Im still in pain and bleeding wednesday i have to go to emerg. Lucky me!

Now i wait a minimum of 2 weeks for results! I hope its sooner…i may drive myself insane.

[QUOTE=lokaxena]And now the real waiting game begins.

I have completed all of my blood work and sonohysterogram and biopsy.

Both of which were horrible. I had them both on Friday and today I am still hurting from it. I am also still bleeding…which apparently isnt normal according to the nurse when i called this morning…but she figures because i had both done within 2 hours of eachother there was a lot of trauma. So if Im still in pain and bleeding wednesday i have to go to emerg. Lucky me!

Now i wait a minimum of 2 weeks for results! I hope its sooner…i may drive myself insane.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i dont know many people that had good experiences with their HSG test. Mine the dr had to use a dialator to get passed my cervix and then needed a diff tool to get thru the tunnel to inject the dye. I was more worked up over all the drama vs it being painful. Im sorry you are having pain and bleeding… I would def keep an eye on it; better to be proactive in case there is a problem. Did the dr talk to you about your HSG results at least? Mine showed me my pics so i knew the results then and there. Just keep looking towards hopefully getting more answers than you know now :grouphug:

I had an HSG last october…and i got the results right away…this was a sonohysterogram where they use saline and ultrasound…it was much worse then the HSG but the doctor said it looked like the tubes were perfect.

Sitting at work is hard today…sitting being the hard thing as it is making my back very sore. I am thinking I will be clocking out early and taking a few sick hours if the tylonal doesnt kick in soon…

This is all for the greater good but it is a rough road.

Oh yes thats right, i had that one too. They both have long names i get them confused lol. Prob a good idea to leave early maybe so you can lay down a bit. Yes the ttc road is such an emotional rollercoaster sigh. That is why its so good to have a network of people on here going thru the same things. People who havent had issues conceiving cant understand the stress and heartache it is. They just say “you need to relax”. Um okay… Lol