The waiting game...

Just need to vent a minute - I hate the waiting game! That time from ovulation until my period (or during hopeful months, time to take a home pregnancy test). Its so frustrating - not knowing and hoping and then having my hopes crushed. I am new to this site - haven’t done the online support thing before. Trying for #3 for 18 months. Have two amazing boys (#1 got pregnant right away, #2 took a year and 4 cycles of chlomid). I just don’t know how much longer I can handle the rollar coaster ride. Ugh. I am on day 30 of my cycle so should be getting my period soon…but every day I don’t, my hopes go up and the disappointment gets greater when it doesn’t happen.

I am with you…

I am also in the 2week wait. I am on day 21 of my cycle. Did you ever test yet?

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I lost my entire summer in 2 week increments. Waiting to ovulate, then waiting for beta test then waiting for AF, then starting all over again.

I can tell you that it was worth it in the end. Now I am halfway through my 9 month wait:flower:

The two week wait is tough. I’m trying to have a little discipline and not jump at every twinge being a sure-fire sign of pregnancy, getting my hopes sky high. I just never learn. I swear I think I’m pregnant every single month, even after 18 regular periods in a row.
I can’t remember how the early days of pregnancy feel, because I was like two weeks late for my period before it even occured to me that I hadn’t gotten it (we weren’t trying to get pregnant the first time – our daughter is 2 – in fact we were kind of trying not to). If I remember correctly, I felt pretty wildly premenstral in those first few weeks. Which is pretty cruel when you’re looking for the typical pregger signs - swollen breasts, mood swings, etc. and they’re the exact same signs as period on the way.
This is my first time on a forum. I’ve been trying to “relax” as they say; it seems like reading tons of posts from other struggling women and wringing our hands together would more likely be a way to work myself up even more. I’m trying so hard to live in the now and love every minute with my amazing daughter instead of longing for something that may not ever happen. But I have to say, reading these posts and women’s difficult histories with miscarriages, still-born children, years of trying and hoping and sadness is humbling, gives me some perspective on my own small hurts, and makes me feel like I want to reach out to all my fellow women who are suffering with this. And seeing those :bfp: pop up and seeing all the positive stories makes me so happy and hopefull.
That said, waiting for the period to come sometime by the end of the week…
Congrats, FormerJerseyGirl. Good luck umsayidah. And AEG2004, I can relate to everything you wrote. I also have quit with the pregnancy tests, but I still foolishly allow myself to hope much too much if the period comes a day late… then what a crash. Let us know what happens!