They collected 7 and only 4fertilized

Hello Ladies
Well I had my ec on sat. they collected 7 and only 4fertilized and one is still in the running to have a chance and one immature and another not so great. I think I am due for a day 3 transfer If they fertilized does that mean that those four are going to be the possibility of transfer? it was just natural fertilization i dont know what the medical word is for it but we didnt have no icsi or assisted hatching and now im wondering if maybe we should have asked about that :grr: Me and my husband talked about it and he was thinking 3 to transfer but I only want two what are the chances of that extra embryo implanting? im 38 i have blocked tubes and my husband is totally fine no mf problems. so what do you think ladies can you help me out on any advice or experiences?

You probably won’t know until right before you’re scheduled for transfer how many embryos you have available and how many cells they are and what percentage of fragmentation, etc. They don’t like to disturb the embabies more than they have to.

I’d say you should transfer however many you feel comfortable with carrying. There’s always a chance that every embryo will implant.

I can’t really give you any advice, but here’s my story. I have unexplained infertility – they’ve never been able to find anything wrong with me or my husband – and I’m 5 years older than you are. I was really worried about multiples, but was told the older you are, the less likely it is that any embryos will stick at all. We transferred 2 and both embryos initially implanted. However, I lost one really early on and now have an absolutely perfect daughter.

Good luck!!

[QUOTE=essemkay]You probably won’t know until right before you’re scheduled for transfer how many embryos you have available and how many cells they are and what percentage of fragmentation, etc. They don’t like to disturb the embabies more than they have to.

I’d say you should transfer however many you feel comfortable with carrying. There’s always a chance that every embryo will implant.

I can’t really give you any advice, but here’s my story. I have unexplained infertility – they’ve never been able to find anything wrong with me or my husband – and I’m 5 years older than you are. I was really worried about multiples, but was told the older you are, the less likely it is that any embryos will stick at all. We transferred 2 and both embryos initially implanted. However, I lost one really early on and now have an absolutely perfect daughter.

Good luck!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the speedy response… So if they are doing a day 3 transfer i will find out tomorrow how many made it then right? Im gonna pray so hard tonight that all my embbies hang in there:cross: and congrads on your baby girl I hope i am blessed this cycle as you have been:cheer:

This is a tough one, personally I’m not sure I’d be comfortable transferring 3, because knowing what twins is like, triplets scare me :slight_smile: It’s all very unpredictable, like you said embies can even split.
I think that it’s easy for men to think “more is better” because they don’t have to carry the pregnancy and they just want to be done with the whole process. I was nervous about doing two this last time around, but DH was pretty insistent- and sure enough twins again- I kind of resent him for it sometimes, now that I’m whale sized. Good Luck!

I had my ET on friday, it was a 2day transfer. We had 4 fertilized via ICSI. the 4th was lagging behind (not even sure if it has made it to freeze) We had 2, grade 3 and 1 grade 4. The doctors thought it would be best for us to transfer 3. I am terrified of triplets! BUT, we are self pay and we NEED this to work, bc of the low amount we had we opted for 3. Im now in the 2 week wait. Goodluck, whatever you decide!

When we were in similar situations we always transferred 3. I am pretty sure some of them were never good enough quality to make it. We got pregnant 4 times (only one resulted in a baby) but we were never pregnant with more than one. Talk to your RE when you find out for sure, but have an idea in the back of your mind of what you want to do. That way you won’t be talked in to anything you are not comfortable with. Good luck!