Thinking of canceling my FET AGAIN! Please help!

Hi ladies,

I hope you’re all doing well today!

I need some advice please. I did IVF in December and was planning to do a FET in January (my clinic doesn’t like doing fresh transfers unless absolutely necessary). But in January, my cycle was weird…my eggs weren’t maturing properly, my lining was taking too long to thicken…The doc put me on Estrace for most of the month up until day 25!! I decided to not go ahead with the FET in January because of all of the weirdness even though my lining got to 9.2 by day 17.

Now the Feb cycle looks like it’s going about the same :grr: My period was unusually light (not sure if it’s because I was on Estrace for so long in the preceding month). And my eggs don’t seem to be maturing and my lining is only at 7 today (day 10).

I should say that I have had 3 monitored natural cycles before doing IVF and all were great: egg maturing at a steady rate, great LH surge, ovulated consistently on day 11 or 12, and my lining was always over 10 by ovulation.

What is happening to my body??? My doctor says IVF and all of the Estrace I’ve been on have nothing to do with these changes!!! How could that be? Is it just a coincidence??

Should I go ahead with the FET as long as my lining eventually gets to 9+ or should I take a month or two off to let the drugs get out of my system and let my body get back to normal (hopefully)?

I would really appreciate any advice or comments.

Thank you!!!

[QUOTE=Believe123]Hi ladies,

I hope you’re all doing well today!

I need some advice please. I did IVF in December and was planning to do a FET in January (my clinic doesn’t like doing fresh transfers unless absolutely necessary). But in January, my cycle was weird…my eggs weren’t maturing properly, my lining was taking too long to thicken…The doc put me on Estrace for most of the month up until day 25!! I decided to not go ahead with the FET in January because of all of the weirdness even though my lining got to 9.2 by day 17.

Now the Feb cycle looks like it’s going about the same :grr: My period was unusually light (not sure if it’s because I was on Estrace for so long in the preceding month). And my eggs don’t seem to be maturing and my lining is only at 7 today (day 10).

I should say that I have had 3 monitored natural cycles before doing IVF and all were great: egg maturing at a steady rate, great LH surge, ovulated consistently on day 11 or 12, and my lining was always over 10 by ovulation.

What is happening to my body??? My doctor says IVF and all of the Estrace I’ve been on have nothing to do with these changes!!! How could that be? Is it just a coincidence??

Should I go ahead with the FET as long as my lining eventually gets to 9+ or should I take a month or two off to let the drugs get out of my system and let my body get back to normal (hopefully)?

I would really appreciate any advice or comments.

Thank you!!![/QUOTE]

As far as getting your body back to normal, that can be determined by a blood test. Did they do a test to check estrogen levels? For my FET, the RE focused on blood estrogen levels (because too high levels could hinder implantation) and lining. Because it wasn’t a fresh IVF cycle, egg production wasn’t an issue.

Hi sorry I’m new to the IVF lingo but this is what my RE told Us. My RE says he’ll do a FET 53 days after my ER. He says this allows the body to go back to its normal stage and allows the lining to build back up. In between ER and FET I will be on mediation to prepare my body to accept the blastocyst. But I don’t remember what medication…Sorry.