Three embryo failures

After three embryo failures, my new RE (who is fantastic and has brought back my resolve to keep trying) is doing a myriad of tests involving immune issues, uterus infections etc. We will also be doing PGD on our next IVF cycle, possibly in April.

She is also going to use ‘glue’ on the embryos to hopefully help them stick.

Does anyone have any information on what on earth she means by this? We squeezed so much into our one hour appointment we never got back to this fascinating treatment. I didn’t even know such a thing existed!

I have no idea about the glue but definitely look forward to hearing what it is all about.
You mentioned that your husband’s situation improved.do you mind sharing what he used please?

Your next cycle sounds promising.
Good luck

Here is some information on embryo glue:

EmbryoGlue® - Vitrolife

The other info is provided by a company that makes embryo glue - here is an independent study conclusion:

“Embryo glue” does not seem to impro… [Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

[quote=LilyLady]After three embryo failures, my new RE (who is fantastic and has brought back my resolve to keep trying) is doing a myriad of tests involving immune issues, uterus infections etc. We will also be doing PGD on our next IVF cycle, possibly in April.

She is also going to use ‘glue’ on the embryos to hopefully help them stick.

Does anyone have any information on what on earth she means by this? We squeezed so much into our one hour appointment we never got back to this fascinating treatment. I didn’t even know such a thing existed![/quote]

Not to Hijack the topic but I noticed in your siggy your husband had poor morphology and it drastically improved. Can I ask how?

Currently, I have one tube open and he has 2%morph. Thank you for any information- Rach

Thanks for the info, ladies. I guess the glue is up for debate on whether it helps, but at this point I’ll try anything!

And my husband started taking Menevit daily, he cut out most of his alcohol consumption that we now realise played a HUGE part, he cut out most red meat and started eating a much healthier diet, and he started exercising more. The difference is quite remarkable and we’ve gone from having one terrible sperm analysis after another, to being told he has some motility issues but otherwise normal. His morphology improved 10%!

Oh, and one more tip…he ‘cleans the pipes’ almost daily before and during a cycle. This also seems to have made a difference, as we all know how little BD happens during IVF. My clinic actually bans it altogether!

We will still do ICSI though, as it’s too risky with his history to chance it…but honestly, lifestyle changes can alter sperm quality a lot. :slight_smile:

Lmao

[quote=LilyLady]Thanks for the info, ladies. I guess the glue is up for debate on whether it helps, but at this point I’ll try anything!

And my husband started taking Menevit daily, he cut out most of his alcohol consumption that we now realise played a HUGE part, he cut out most red meat and started eating a much healthier diet, and he started exercising more. The difference is quite remarkable and we’ve gone from having one terrible sperm analysis after another, to being told he has some motility issues but otherwise normal. His morphology improved 10%!

Oh, and one more tip…he ‘cleans the pipes’ almost daily before and during a cycle. This also seems to have made a difference, as we all know how little BD happens during IVF. My clinic actually bans it altogether!

We will still do ICSI though, as it’s too risky with his history to chance it…but honestly, lifestyle changes can alter sperm quality a lot. :)[/quote]

We have had improvements too, but used Proxeed Plus, major difference in motility, but we combined it with diet and exercise as well - went from 5% to 48% in 2 1/2 months.

LOVE LOVE LOVE he cleans the pipes! My DH does the same thing cuz there is no BD’ing during IVF! But I ask him all the time if he is cleaning them pipes! and I get the eye roll with a look of like do you have to talk about this!

[QUOTE=Jennjack11] LOVE LOVE LOVE he cleans the pipes! My DH does the same thing cuz there is no BD’ing during IVF! But I ask him all the time if he is cleaning them pipes! and I get the eye roll with a look of like do you have to talk about this![/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Yep, I ask if he’s doing it too, and I usually get asked back if I’d like to assist! Given how insane the hormones make me, my answer is always “hell no!!”

I figure with everything I go through, what harm is a little self ‘pipe cleaning’, lol.

[QUOTE=LilyLady]Hahaha! Yep, I ask if he’s doing it too, and I usually get asked back if I’d like to assist! Given how insane the hormones make me, my answer is always “hell no!!”

I figure with everything I go through, what harm is a little self ‘pipe cleaning’, lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha, mine has quit asking cuz he knows its a thanks but no thanks! They crack me up, they act like they don’t do it anyway… So embarrassed when they have to do it at the clinic, they don’t seem to think that everyone being intimately acquainted with our vagina is a big deal, but god forbid another guy knows he’s cleaning the pipes! :rolleyes:

I know! What do they really have to complain about - we have an intimate relationship with an ultrasound wand for crying out loud, lol.

And we seem to be on a similar path with the low AMH and TTC number 2. We had issues having our son four years ago thanks to recurrent pregnancy loss, but we fell pregnant quickly each time so it’s come as a shock to try for two years with not one positive pregnancy test. My first RE refused to acknowledge that something had clearly changed since pregnancy and insisted it was just bad luck. After our last pointless FET I happily fired him for a doctor who does think something is wrong.

I guess I’m nervous it’s irreparable and we are just too late :frowning: My nightmare is PGD reveals no good embryos. Sigh.

You seem to be halfway through a cycle now? Are you transferring right away or doing PGD as well? You have an amazing chance of this working given you have been pregnant since number 1. I really hope this works for you as I know that sinking feeling when you look at your first child and wonder why you can’t do it again.

If it’s okay, I’d love to chat via message as it’s nice to know I’m not alone during all this :slight_smile:

Thank you ladies!

DH quit smoking in December. He’s been dieting and exercising for 4 weeks now. We won’t know the improvements until the retrieval in April. I am buying him fertility blend for men that they sell at GNC this week.

We are also doing chromosome testing. I am scared all of our embies will come back bad. We are doing micro array testing which will test all 23 chromosomes.

I showed him this thread last night and he got mad about me asking about cleaning the pipes! LOL. Baby steps… will work up to that… I got 5 weeks of nagging him. I plan on finding any pipe cleaning scientific studies and bombarding him with links… if he opens them up at work I will be in trouble though, haha.

Thank you ladies!

[quote=racheldenise]
I showed him this thread last night and he got mad about me asking about cleaning the pipes! LOL. Baby steps… will work up to that… I got 5 weeks of nagging him. I plan on finding any pipe cleaning scientific studies and bombarding him with links… if he opens them up at work I will be in trouble though, haha.

Thank you ladies![/quote]We call it making shower babies … :slight_smile: