Thrive IVF study ~ Texas & other locations

Trying to find others who are participating in this study?

I am cycling at CORM (Texas)

Hi Cammie!

I will be doing the Thrive-IVF study in Rockville MD. I’m currently waiting on AF which should be arriving beginning of August and then start bcp’s after bloodwork and AFC.

Good luck with your cycle!

Thrive IVF Study

I am party of the study at HRC in Pasadena. I just got my big box of meds today. And I must say that it has been great to leave the RE office and not spend $200 for a 5 minute ultrasound or pay $40 for a pregnancy test when I don’t have any fallopian tubes. I really hope that this one works.

I just went to the initial appt, they took 6 vials of blood and did u/s to confirm AFC. I got the go ahead to start bcp’s tomorrow for 16 days! Then i’m back at the study clinic to do baseline :slight_smile:

How are you ladies doing with your study cycle?

Hi ladies!
What is it that the Thrive study is all about? Are you paying at all for your meds? What is the age group in the study? I just saw this thread and I am just a little bit curious about this study.

Good luck to all of you! :flower:

[QUOTE=kalika]Hi ladies!
What is it that the Thrive study is all about? Are you paying at all for your meds? What is the age group in the study? I just saw this thread and I am just a little bit curious about this study.

Good luck to all of you! :flower:[/QUOTE]

Hi Kalika!

The study requirements:

Are between 21 and 38 years of age
Have had 3 or more failed IVF cycles that included transfer of good-qualify embryos (at least 2 of these involving the transfer of fresh embryos)

You get a paid IVF cycle plus meds.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I am doing the study in FL and just had my embryo transfer today. We transferred 3-8 cell grade A embryos. I had a great cycle, I think. We had 17 eggs retrieved, 13 were mature and 11 fertilized with ICSI. Today they were all still going strong. They ranged from 6-12 cells. The embryologist put in all 8 celled ones. He wasn’t sure if the 10 and 12 ones were doing great or dividing too fast. Anyone know anything about this? I have always had 8 cells on day 3 transferred. We are hoping for a few frosties too.

I really hope I get the drug. We have had too many failures with no explanation. Are you guys doing the overnight stays?

[quote=CLH74]Hi all,

I am doing the study in FL and just had my embryo transfer today. We transferred 3-8 cell grade A embryos. I had a great cycle, I think. We had 17 eggs retrieved, 13 were mature and 11 fertilized with ICSI. Today they were all still going strong. They ranged from 6-12 cells. The embryologist put in all 8 celled ones. He wasn’t sure if the 10 and 12 ones were doing great or dividing too fast. Anyone know anything about this? I have always had 8 cells on day 3 transferred. We are hoping for a few frosties too.

I really hope I get the drug. We have had too many failures with no explanation. Are you guys doing the overnight stays?[/quote]

Hi CLH!! Congrats on being PUPO :slight_smile:

I’ve always had 8-10 cell 3DT’s so I’m not sure, I’ve always been told that’s the normal range. I wish you the best of luck and hope this works for you and that you get some frosties too :slight_smile: I’m hoping for the same!

Did you have to pay for your ICSI? I was told that wasn’t covered.

I wanted to do the overnight stay as they pay you for it, but my clinic says they are not doing that because they don’t have a hospital facility and do not want to have to work 24 hours lol…

[QUOTE=NightsColdKiss]Hi CLH!! Congrats on being PUPO :slight_smile:

I’ve always had 8-10 cell 3DT’s so I’m not sure, I’ve always been told that’s the normal range. I wish you the best of luck and hope this works for you and that you get some frosties too :slight_smile: I’m hoping for the same!

Did you have to pay for your ICSI? I was told that wasn’t covered.

I wanted to do the overnight stay as they pay you for it, but my clinic says they are not doing that because they don’t have a hospital facility and do not want to have to work 24 hours lol…[/QUOTE]

I did not pay for ICSI. I also thought they would not pay to freeze any, but they do, and storage for a year. I am doing the overnight stay tonight. Still a great deal for you, even paying for ICSI. It was great not having to pay for meds or worry about the bill. Good luck to you too! Everyone with 3 failures deserves a break.

My cycle was cancelled due to poor response but luckily they will allow me to start again with my next cycle because they think it was just a fluke that I did not respond to the meds this time. I also do not have to pay for ICSI or AH. Good luck to us all.

Oh wow. I might see if I can do this study. I would have to travel to Houston, but if it works, it would totally be worth it. Does anyone know if they will let you use donor sperm.

[QUOTE=ChaiTeaLover;n2340652]Thrive IVF Study

I am party of the study at HRC in Pasadena. I just got my big box of meds today. And I must say that it has been great to leave the RE office and not spend $200 for a 5 minute ultrasound or pay $40 for a pregnancy test when I don’t have any fallopian tubes. I really hope that this one works.[/QUOTE]

ChaiTea, how are you doing in your cycle?! Any updates?

I am still waiting for AF. Then on CD2 they will have me start with the microdose lupron protocol. I can not wait to see the results of this study although I am kind of leary of having to do a 3 day transfer. But I guess at this time I should just be happy with responding to the meds and getting some embryos.

Just got home from my baseline appt! The nurse counted 8 antral follies on the right and 10 on the left! That’s the most antrals I’ve ever gotten at baseline :slight_smile: They sent me home with my box of meds! I’m starting stims on 8/28 and will have my first after stimming b/w and u/s on 8/31!

How’s everyone doing in their Thrive Study cycles?! I started stims today :slight_smile: next appt is u/s and b/w on Saturday!

This sounds crazy but if my IVF 4 does not work, which will devastate me, I will qualify for this study. At least I know that maybe this cycle will not be the end of it all. Does anyone know how long they are going to hold the study open?

I’m not sure how long they will hold it open. I heard that it will be open until they get enough people in that qualify. My study nurse said it’s very hard to qualify and that I was one of the lucky ones that met all requirements. Just give them a call and they should be able to answer your questions! You and I are in the same Sept group :slight_smile: Good luck with your cycle! I hope it doesn’t come to this for you!

Hi! I just had my bloodwork done yesterday for the study. Any support or insights I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi ChaiTeaLover!
I’ll be in the study too at HRC Pasadena. How are you? Any insights I would greatly appreciate.