Time to get cyst dissolved on its own?

Hi!

I went today for my baseline U/S (CD2) after taking 50mg Clomid last cycle. It turns out I have one cyst in each ovary of about 15mm each.

• What are the chances of them dissapearing before CD5?
  • Have you experienced this before and went ahead with clomid even if they were not gone completely?

Thank you!!!

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I do not think they will shrink / disappear before CD5. Most likely you will be told to wait one cycle to allow them to shrink and start again once your next AF shows up. Some doctors will allow you to move forward with cysts but most will not. [/FONT][/SIZE]

It usually takes one cycle for the cysts to dissolve on their own. I did have a small cyst one cycle (i wasnt told the measurements) but they did bloodwork to check my estrogen level. My estrogen level was low enough so i was able to proceed with that month’s clomid cycle. However it does sound the cysts are a little bigger so i wouldnt be surprised if they have you take a cycle off. It stinks but ultimately its for the safety of your health :grouphug:

Thank you FH23 and WBIM! I’ve read about very large cysts so I thought that mine were small in comparison and might dissapear quickly. I guess I’ll have to wait and see, but I hate the idea of wasting money in yet another useless U/S if there’s really almost no chance. Update on Saturday! :slight_smile:

Update! On CD5 my cysts are smaller but still around. My doctor said we could start the cycle anyway, but he also said that it looked that I was going to ovulate from my right side (again?!!) which is my supposedly blocked side. So… we decided to take it easy, go on birth control pills for 10 days and miss this cycle.

Now I’m doubting about whether it is better to take the pills and maybe “save” 5-10 days by making my cycle shorter (I’m not sure how that works yet) or waste 10 days but aim for a miracle natural cycle. I know the pills help dissolve the cysts as well, but I also know that in a month they will only get smaller and my Dr was willing to give it a try with the size they have today anyway…

I have until tonight to decide :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Camila]Update! On CD5 my cysts are smaller but still around. My doctor said we could start the cycle anyway, but he also said that it looked that I was going to ovulate from my right side (again?!!) which is my supposedly blocked side. So… we decided to take it easy, go on birth control pills for 10 days and miss this cycle.

Now I’m doubting about whether it is better to take the pills and maybe “save” 5-10 days by making my cycle shorter (I’m not sure how that works yet) or waste 10 days but aim for a miracle natural cycle. I know the pills help dissolve the cysts as well, but I also know that in a month they will only get smaller and my Dr was willing to give it a try with the size they have today anyway…

I have until tonight to decide :)[/QUOTE]

What did you end up deciding?? Well its prob good you decided to stay off clomid this cycle no matter what and give the cysts time to dissolve on their own. I will keep my :cross: for you and sending:bsv: your way!!!

[FONT=‘Segoe UI Mono’][SIZE=3]Camila – What did you decide? Your situation sounds similar to mine. I had my right tube removed due to blockage. My right ovary tended to always be dominate. I always got BFN due to the R-Ovary producing the mature follies. But when I went to see my new RE he put me on Menopur and I produced equal amount of follies on each ovary and got our BFP. It ended in an Ectopic but at least I know the Menopur helped. From your siggy you haven’t been taking injections but I thought I’d post just in case you start injections.[/SIZE][/FONT]

In the end I’m taking the BCPs… I thought that I have to take it easy and don’t rush it… If I need to be out for 20 days, so be it, hopefully it will increase my chances for the next IUI.

FH23: thank you for the good vibes!!
WBIM: I’m so sorry to hear about your ectopic. I don’t think I’ll do injectables, I might jump straight to IVF since I have one shot at it covered by my insurance, but first I wanted to try 3 IUIs with clomid. I’m switching doctors so I don’t know what the new one will suggest, but I’ll try to relax and leave everything on his hands.

Have any of you shorten your period using BCPs? I started taking on CD5 and I think I’ll take them for 10 days. Will I have my period at about CD20? I tried to find information online but couldn’t find anything…

[QUOTE=Camila]In the end I’m taking the BCPs… I thought that I have to take it easy and don’t rush it… If I need to be out for 20 days, so be it, hopefully it will increase my chances for the next IUI.

FH23: thank you for the good vibes!!
WBIM: I’m so sorry to hear about your ectopic. I don’t think I’ll do injectables, I might jump straight to IVF since I have one shot at it covered by my insurance, but first I wanted to try 3 IUIs with clomid. I’m switching doctors so I don’t know what the new one will suggest, but I’ll try to relax and leave everything on his hands.

Have any of you shorten your period using BCPs? I started taking on CD5 and I think I’ll take them for 10 days. Will I have my period at about CD20? I tried to find information online but couldn’t find anything…[/QUOTE]

Well my personal experience… I was on BCP for my surgery and i was told to stop taking them right after my surgery (i was 2 weeks into the next pack of pills when i stopped). Surprisingly enough, 4 days after of stopping BCP my period came (i start on the 4th day of the placebo pills). Im not sure if that happened since i was into my second week of them or not… But i was actually surprised when my period came. So, i guess dont be surprised if your period comes way early once you stop the pills

Thank you FH23! that’s what I’m hoping it will happen to me. My RE says that they will induce a shorter cycle using BCP but he didn’t mention how it works of how short (and of course these questions come to me once I’ve already left the office).
Best of luck on your IUI! only a few more days to find out!