Timing for FET

Hello All,

I am going to begin my FET cycle in September. I had my hysterscopy with a biopsy Friday. I am just wondering at what time during the cycle the blasts or embryos are transfered? The nurse told me around ovulation but at what point? Is it within 24hours or four days? I will not be getting more info until next month. I am just trying to get any info that I can now.

If anyone has any advice to offer me for my FET please let me know. I would love to hear of your experiences as well as what to do verses what not to do too!

Thanks for all your help! Lots of baby dust to all of you!

Is it a natural or medicated cycle? The reason I ask is that the medicated cycle you aren’t really counting ‘days’ persay because they can control everything with the Lupron, Estrace, Progesterone, etc.

I have done an unmedicated FET cycle and medicated.

Unmedicated- Once they confirm ovulation (they gave me an HCG shot to ensure it as well), I started taking progesterone shots that evening. We transferred 5 days later.

Medicated- As the one poster said they control your body through estrogen and progesterone. Once your lining and E2 levels are correct they will start progesterone shots. They will transfer 5-7 days after the progesterone.

If you are doing day 5 blasts they will transfer usually 5 days after taking progesterone.

Good luck! No worries- I think the FET is WAY easier than a fresh IVF transfer.

Rach

Thank you ladies for all your responses! I am not going to be using lupron this cycle. Apparently the meds at which they will be having me on are estrogen progesterone PIO then switch to crinone gel.
I wonder at what point I start taking the estrogen pills? I want to make sure I have the meds ahead of time. I will be doing the transfer for my September cycle so would I start the estrogen pills prior to my period in September?

Thanks again…
Kalika :flower:

[QUOTE=kalika]Thank you ladies for all your responses! I am not going to be using lupron this cycle. Apparently the meds at which they will be having me on are estrogen progesterone PIO then switch to crinone gel.
I wonder at what point I start taking the estrogen pills? I want to make sure I have the meds ahead of time. I will be doing the transfer for my September cycle so would I start the estrogen pills prior to my period in September?

Thanks again…
Kalika :flower:[/QUOTE]

I start estrogen pills a few weeks before my FET.

[QUOTE=babyaloha]I start estrogen pills a few weeks before my FET.[/QUOTE]

Hi babyaloha,

Did you start about two weeks prior to your period starting? I was told to call once I got my period. However I am not doing my transfer in my August cycle, so I am still waiting for my August AF to begin. I just need to make sure I do not accidentally miss anything in order to make sure my FET happens in September.

By the way, I love your name! Hawaii is my second home! As a matter of fact we are skipping our trip to Hawaii this year so we can proceed with the FET. I just will have to wait until next year! Lol… :flower:

[QUOTE=kalika]Hi babyaloha,

Did you start about two weeks prior to your period starting? I was told to call once I got my period. However I am not doing my transfer in my August cycle, so I am still waiting for my August AF to begin. I just need to make sure I do not accidentally miss anything in order to make sure my FET happens in September.

By the way, I love your name! Hawaii is my second home! As a matter of fact we are skipping our trip to Hawaii this year so we can proceed with the FET. I just will have to wait until next year! Lol… :flower:[/QUOTE]

I started estrace a few days before going off BCPs. AF started on day 8 of taking estrace.

The way they do it at my clinic is that you start estrogen , in my case vivelle patches, on cd1. So you start whenever your period starts. For me they have me removing and reapplying patches every other day. Adding an additional patch sometimes… Up to 4 patches at a time. Then they check lining and estrogen progesterone levels around cd12-cd14. In my case it will be cd12. If all looks good they tell me to start pio shots. Then the transfer will be 6 days later.
Hope this helps!

[QUOTE=kalika]Hi babyaloha,

By the way, I love your name! Hawaii is my second home! As a matter of fact we are skipping our trip to Hawaii this year so we can proceed with the FET. I just will have to wait until next year! Lol… :flower:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=knpoduch]The way they do it at my clinic is that you start estrogen , in my case vivelle patches, on cd1. So you start whenever your period starts. For me they have me removing and reapplying patches every other day. Adding an additional patch sometimes… Up to 4 patches at a time. Then they check lining and estrogen progesterone levels around cd12-cd14. In my case it will be cd12. If all looks good they tell me to start pio shots. Then the transfer will be 6 days later.
Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Thank you! This is a good indication what to expect. I am just hoping that my thyroid bloodwork comes back in normal range tomorrow. I just need to make sure I have the meds on hand to start when needed.

Thanks again and good luck in your journey!