Timing IUI for a girl?

Hello, my partner and I have a beautiful son, however we long for a daughter and can only afford to have one more child. Does anyone know if I should change the timing of my IUI to select towards a girl? We are also using Donor sperm so I know their lifespan can be shorter so i don’t know if that changes anything.

Their is also sperm sorting technology . Anyone use it?

Thank you all so much,
Lila

Onemoreplease3 (Lila)-

When the sperm is washed, you can talk with your RE about having it “spun” towards a girl. I don’t want to get your hopes up too much though because (1) it’s easier to “spin” for a boy because it has to do with the speed of the spin pushing the heavier/slower/fatter girl sperm out. (2)Nature will have it’s way regardless of the spin.

Of course you can risk timing your IUI right after trigger shot in hopes that there are mainly girl swimmers left once the egg releases but that is very likely to end up with a BFN all together and then you’re left with no baby and out the money of the IUI/meds.

There is also the un-medical path of PRAYER! :pray:

ps- Lila is at the very top of our list of girls names if we ever get another BFP! Good luck to you in your ART journey

I don’t know if timing the IUI for a girl is good. I’ve been on another TTC website and IUI normally sway boy. Also, on another gender selection site im on ive heard that sperm sorting technology usually sways the WRONG way than what is wanted. I say just go with it and if you get a girl great, if you don’t 2 boys would be wonderful.

K&E- Thank you!!

Missing- would you mind sharing the site you are referring to about the gender selection methods. i would like to read more as my re actually recommended this and its pretty horrible that it can sway the other way!

[quote=OneMorePlease3]K&E- Thank you!!

Missing- would you mind sharing the site you are referring to about the gender selection methods. i would like to read more as my re actually recommended this and its pretty horrible that it can sway the other way![/quote]

in-gender.com is the website. The only reason i found it was when i got my IUI bfp i thought i’d see what they favored and i came across the spinning for gender selection.

Any one else have any thoughts? :flower: