Timing of iui after hcg?

so i did my hcg wednesday at 4:45pm and my iui friday at 9am. doesnt that seem like a long time after?

Thats 40 hours, But know the egg lives longer than the sperm.

It seems a little on the late side, but not by much! My RE does back-to-back IUIs, the first at 12 hours after trigger, the second at 36 hours after trigger.

I’ve read that 39 hours after trigger is that average length of time that it takes a woman to O. Every woman is different of course, but if that’s the case, you’re right on target! Especially considering the egg lives 12-24 hours.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

36 hours

I did my trigger shot last night at 10:45, and I have my IUI tomorrow morning at 10:40am.

However today I had cramps all morning on my right side, which made me think I was ovulating…and my IUI is only tomorrow morning. I hope that 36 hours is not too late…:pray:

I did my trigger at 2pm and the IUI the next morning at 11:30am… like 22 hours later and i really think this may be too early?? What do you guys think? Im now 8dpiui :pray:

[QUOTE=Britbrit]I did my trigger at 2pm and the IUI the next morning at 11:30am… like 22 hours later and i really think this may be too early?? What do you guys think? Im now 8dpiui :pray:[/QUOTE]

It’s almost 24 hours later. I think it’s fine. I actually would have rather done my IUI the next day after the trigger…

I feel like 36 hours is too long .
I guess we will see.

Wish you a :bfp:

I triggered and had my single iui 37 hrs after and my daughter is now 14 months old.

My Re always does a single IUI 36 hours after trigger.

If she is going to do a back to back IUI then they do it 24 and 48 hours after the trigger.

I got pg with a sngle IUI 36 hours after the trigger.

Most cycles I ovulated 40 hours after the trigger (judging by o pain), so the 36 hour timing was perfect for me.

[QUOTE=Frederica]It’s almost 24 hours later. I think it’s fine. I actually would have rather done my IUI the next day after the trigger…

I feel like 36 hours is too long .
I guess we will see.

Wish you a :bfp:[/QUOTE]

The best thing about IUI is to have the IUI 6 hours before ovulation or 6 hours after ovulation. Washed sperm only lives for so long. 24 hours being the longest. but it starts dying off after 6 hours. My first IUI was done 39 hours after trigger. I also ovulated 39 hours after trigger. But everyone is different in when they ovulate after a trigger. But sometimes having the IUI to early where the sperm dies is worse than having the IUI AFTER ovulation. A ovulated egg lives for 24 hours.

All three of my IUIs were done 36 hours after my trigger shot. The last one worked, so I think you should be fine. Good luck.

My first IUI was 36 hours post trigger, the 2nd IUI was 40 hours post trigger. Not sure if the RE just wanted to mix things up, but I’m pretty sure I ovulated starting 36 hrs after the trigger for the 2nd one. At least the ovulation pain started then and went on for a few hours. We’ll find out when I POAS tomorrow whether it worked better than the first IUI!

BTW - we were also instructed to BD the night we triggered and the evening after the IUI.

Thank you! This thread has inspired me to question my RE…

*IUI 1: done right around 24 hrs after LH surge from OPK
*IUI 2: done 18 hrs after trigger.

I think timing is way off…especially with the trigger IUI. And since I have no issues, great follies, great sperm count (DS), etc…and the fact that my RE though it would be “one and done”, I’m a little skeptical.

Anyway, I just called and left my nurse a message asking her why my IUI is done so early and if my next one (next week) can be done AT LEAST 24 hours after trigger. ( I hate it since all of this falls around Thanksgiving)

[SIZE=3]Do ya’ll think I am wrong for questioning them?[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Bridgerbaby]Thank you! This thread has inspired me to question my RE…

*IUI 1: done right around 24 hrs after LH surge from OPK
*IUI 2: done 18 hrs after trigger.

I think timing is way off…especially with the trigger IUI. And since I have no issues, great follies, great sperm count (DS), etc…and the fact that my RE though it would be “one and done”, I’m a little skeptical.

Anyway, I just called and left my nurse a message asking her why my IUI is done so early and if my next one (next week) can be done AT LEAST 24 hours after trigger. ( I hate it since all of this falls around Thanksgiving)

[SIZE=3]Do ya’ll think I am wrong for questioning them?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

No, you are not!! You are paying them for a service. So get what you WANT! Timing is even more important since you are using DS.

Bridger - I haven’t done a trigger w/IUI, always just OPK + IUI 24 hours later. I also use donor sperm. I did get pregnant with that timing. I keep questioning whether I should add a trigger. My RE says he would want me to come in for a CD14 u/s and then if follie was big enough trigger that night and IUI 36 hours later. He tells me not to bother with OPKs if I’m going to trigger. I told him I’d probably still do them so I wouldn’t miss surge and I ended up surging on CD13. If I had listened to him I would have triggered after ovulating on CD14, yet I think my u/s would have been before I ovulated so my timing would have been worse than ever. It’s so hard to know what is right. Part of me keeps telling myself that IUI 24 hours after +OPK did work for me…but the other part of my mind says maybe trigger could help us with our timing.

Thanks for the replies!