Tmi Question!

Ok ladies, I’ve been wondering about this.

Around when I’m supposed to get my period, a few days before usually, I notice after I go to the bathroom that there are seemingly stringy white things in my urine.

I have tried to grab one with a tissue before (I KNOW, I KNOW) because I couldn’t tell the consistency just by looking. Usually it seems to just be white stringy cm.

The day before my period, I have the same thing, but it is tinged brown.

Is this weird/abnormal?

I can’t remember if I had the white stuff before I got BFP, but I know I didn’t have the brown stuff.

THanks, and SORRY.

ahah, I couldn’t help but be curious :slight_smile:

It’s strange that you describe this before your period because it sounds like what I get 4 or 5 before ovulation, a long white thing that is very stretchy and called ewcm I believe.

hey hopeful

i too get ewcm before ovulation, and this really isn’t like that. my ewcm is more-- how shall i put it-- “abundant” and it is very clearly CM and I can often see right where it is coming from if you know what i mean

What I’m talking about now seems to ONLY be in the toilet after I urinate, I can’t really find anything “inside”

It is small and just a few little bits but it does feel and stretch like cm.

Ugh.

Booboo, I’m not sure then. Sorry to say, but maybe that’s an infection? I would talk to your doctor about it.

That’s what I thought, but I’m someone who gets frequent UTIs (I have to take an antibiotic every time my dh and i have sex to PREVENT them), and so I usually get VERY severe sympoms with a UTI immediately. Not to mention I’ve peed in so many doctor’s office cups to check for them and been on so many antibiotics that I just don’t think it’s possible! Maybe I’ll go get another analysis though.

I suppose it could be a yeast infection, but I’ve also been graced with those before and my symptoms are usually different.

Sweet mysteries of life.

booboo, I do at times get the same you are describing few days before my periods (2-4), not on medicated cycle though. With your timing, it could be implantation. GL1:babydust:

Farah

[quote=far2011]booboo, I do at times get the same you are describing few days before my periods (2-4), not on medicated cycle though. With your timing, it could be implantation. GL1:babydust:

Farah[/quote]

thanks! glad to know im not the only one

Getting EWCMish stuff before AF is pretty common. Its from with fall of P4 and the rise in E2. I always notice mine into toilet also.

thanks!! but booooooooooo I hope it’s not AF! :pray:

booboo - I get this too before AF…not in the toilet (although I’m sure it goes there, I’m just not that observant). Usually, it’s kind of a clear watery discharge right before AF but it can sometimes be more white/opaque too. That said, I also had white/milky/lotiony type discharge throughout my pregnancy from increased levels of estrogen and progesterone in my body so discharge typically means a change in hormone levels…it could be they’re going up or down relative to impending AF or pregnancy. It’s not unusual though so I wouldn’t worry.