Tpo ?

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s 2 years ago. When I had my TPO tested then, it was greater than 500. I asked my RE if I need to get it retested, and I felt like I was just brushed off, she told me that pregnancy is based on TSH (which I know isn’t completely true…).
Should I be getting my TPO retested? with it being this high, is there even a chance of me conceiving?

I’m not sure if TPO has any affect on conceiving. My doctor never mentioned that number to me only TSH and T4. I would get a second opinion though, maybe see an endocronologist. It wouldn’t hurt and then it could your mind at rest if it doesn’t affect it or they can get it to where it needs to be.

Good luck with everything!

Endocronologist.

I should have mentioned that I already see an endocronologist. Been seeing one for 2 years. (I just don’t see him until september…) TPO are antiboties that are used to test for Hashimoto’s. TSH and T4 just check how the thyroid is functioning. If you’ve been told that you have Hashimoto’s, I’m sure you’ve had your antibodies checked…
That stuff I understand, what I can’t figure out is if antibodies are related to infertility, or cause miscarrages… There’s really not a lot of information out there about it…

Good Luck to you Prayin4MyMiracle!

If you google “TPO antibody pregnancy”, the first result is about how TPO antibodies can cause pregnancy loss, so yes I would recommend getting retested. Hopefully your endocrinologist can see you before September.

I was retested for thyroid antibodies after I had been on generic synthroid for about 2 months. My antibodies were below detection and my RE gave the go-ahead to do IVF which lead to my current pregnancy.
Good luck!

Asked my RE, and my endocrenologist, neither of them said I should be worried about it… said it was all based on TSH…
I even mentioned to him about the difficulty hanging on to pregnancy with antibodies…
I would get a second opinion, but there is only one endocrinologist where I doctor…

[quote=keister33]Asked my RE, and my endocrenologist, neither of them said I should be worried about it… said it was all based on TSH…
I even mentioned to him about the difficulty hanging on to pregnancy with antibodies…
I would get a second opinion, but there is only one endocrinologist where I doctor…[/quote]

my doctor never mentioned the antibodies but if yours is saying it is all based on TSH just make sure that is as close to 1 as you can get it before your IUI. It will help you get pregnant.

I guess they’re assuming that if TSH is low then the antibodies are also low because they are correlated. If you’re still worried, you could always try going to your primary care physician and asking for a thyroid panel. I did that once when I was between doctors. The only caveat is that you may pay out of pocket.