Transferred 2 CGH blasts, beta not rising appropriately

Can someone help? I am not sure what to think of this. I had my transfer on 6/10 of two normal CGH blasts. This cycle I have been taking 1 mg of dexamethasone and lovenox since 1 st day of cycle.

1st beta 6/20 (Thu) - 80 something
2nd beta 6/24 (Mon) - 190 something

I couldnt get the exact numbers because I was busy cooking. So the numbers are rising but not doubling within the 72 hour timeframe that doctors want to see. With 2 CGH normal blasts (one was hatching), I dont think my blasts are having problems they are tested chromosomally normal which left me thinking it is me. I had a natural killer cells test while i was waiting on a cycle to start last year and it was zero. But the doctor said I could retest when I am actually pregnant and see if pregnancy triggers the NK cells to become active. Should I ask for this test to be done while i have HCG in my system. Last time i had this test done it took a week to schedule a consultation with the doctor that owns the lab and another week to get the lab supplies delievered to me. I just don’t know if my HCG will stay that long.

What other things that I am missing? A part of me wants to give up. But it’s hard when I know my blasts are normal. And it makes me angry inside that i can’t correct whatever that is going on in my body.

Hi Alexi. Sorry that you are going through beta hell. I do not know anything about that test, but I’d say ask your RE when is the earliest they can do it. I did want to share my story with you. As you can see from my siggy, my betas were low and never got even close to doubling. The baby is looking great, but we are worried about chromosome issues, since the yolk sac was large. I’m currently waiting for the materniT21 results, but aside from the horrible beta numbers and yolk sac, everything has been going really well. Good luck with your cycle and hopefully this one works. If not, hopefully they can find out why!

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Alexi – Don’t give up! On the RPL forum there are many gals who are taking: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Baby Aspirin, Heparin, Extra Folic Acid, Dexamethasone, Prednisone & Intralipids. Many of the women have normal test results and are still taking Heparin and Intralipids. Currently 3 women are PG and 3 of us will be completing our FET in July! [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Best wishes, I :pray: your LO stays holding on strong. :bsv: [/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=alexi]Can someone help? I am not sure what to think of this. I had my transfer on 6/10 of two normal CGH blasts. This cycle I have been taking 1 mg of dexamethasone and lovenox since 1 st day of cycle.

1st beta 6/20 (Thu) - 80 something
2nd beta 6/24 (Mon) - 190 something

I couldnt get the exact numbers because I was busy cooking. So the numbers are rising but not doubling within the 72 hour timeframe that doctors want to see. With 2 CGH normal blasts (one was hatching), I dont think my blasts are having problems they are tested chromosomally normal which left me thinking it is me. I had a natural killer cells test while i was waiting on a cycle to start last year and it was zero. But the doctor said I could retest when I am actually pregnant and see if pregnancy triggers the NK cells to become active. Should I ask for this test to be done while i have HCG in my system. Last time i had this test done it took a week to schedule a consultation with the doctor that owns the lab and another week to get the lab supplies delievered to me. I just don’t know if my HCG will stay that long.

What other things that I am missing? A part of me wants to give up. But it’s hard when I know my blasts are normal. And it makes me angry inside that i can’t correct whatever that is going on in my body.[/QUOTE]

Contact yhe dr and arrange nk cells testing asap to rule them out. You are not using neupogen?

Wish you all the best.

The doctor says she’s still crossing her fingers that my beta will pick up and double at least tomorrow. Guess I’ll wait til tomorrow.

I had this happen with my IVF cycle. It turned out that both embies implanted, but then one stopped developing which made my beta numbers screwy. So don’t give up hope yet as it’s still possible that everything will work out. Hang in there!

While ideally you want doubling right off the bat, plenty of pregnancies that end up being successful can have some irregularity early on. I’m in another discussion with a woman who was having the same issue as you. On her third test, things were normal and it turned out she was pregnant with twins.

Thanks ladies for your kind words and encouragement. I have rebuild my hope and strength to go to my 3rd beta this morning.

We will be eagerly waiting for your positive news! All will be ok:)

My beta today is 505.2
I am smiling from ear to ear :slight_smile:
All credited to dear God. Thank You. You are the All Hearing. I prayed so hard last night, this morning and before my blood was drawn and He listened to me.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus! Alexi, I’m so happy for you. Congrats, may you have a happy & healthy :preg:

:slight_smile: just keep praying.