Trigger and Cervical mucus

About 8 hours post triggering, I suddenly have a good bit of ewcm. I was almost dry until yesterday. I am expected to ovulate in the next 24 hours.

On normal cycles, I get loads of ewcm prior or O. But this time (1st medicated cycle),I thought the clomid had dried me up. But the ewcm now suggests that something is working! Is it the LH surge or due to the trigger?

[quote=myprayers]About 8 hours post triggering, I suddenly have a good bit of ewcm. I was almost dry until yesterday. I am expected to ovulate in the next 24 hours.

On normal cycles, I get loads of ewcm prior or O. But this time (1st medicated cycle),I thought the clomid had dried me up. But the ewcm now suggests that something is working! Is it the LH surge or due to the trigger?[/quote]
The HCG trigger acts as the LH surge thereby inducing ovulation. The clomid does have a tendency to dry you up, but can also facilitate estrogen to rise which causes EWCM. I also think that HCG can give you good cervical mucus so it is likely a bit of both since the HCG matures the follies that last little bit causing a surge in estrogen from the maturing follies and thus giving you the fertile cervical mucus.
Hope this helps!