Triggered!!

For those of you following my baby making drama. I thought you might like to know that I just got triggered for a Sunday retrieval. – All it takes is one, right?! :pray:

… A week and a half ago things were developing well with 3ooiu of Gonal - 2x a day and 10iu of Lupron 2 x day. I had five follicles and three of them matured. Although not great it was enough to keep me on the IVF tract versus getting bumped to IUI. I was elated!

Then this past Tuesday I am informed that two of them have shrunk. It’s [B]very[/B] rare but it does happen. Seriously bizarre. In fact, the nurse I am working with said that it was the first time in 9 years working at the clinic that she had seen this happen.

I went back in on Wednesday this week for another ultra sound and more blood work. And two of the little suckers had shrunk again where as the first follie had grown bigger.

Yesterday I went in and thankfully they were the same size 14mm. <>

I was thinking OK-OK not shrinking is good what can I do to get them to start growing again? I spent no less than three hours surfing the web including posting on this site to see what I could find and there really is nothing you can do; I’m already on the maximum drug protocol, going to fertility acupuncture twice a week at a cost of $80 each visit, fertility yoga, fertility meditation MP3 and eating (for the most part) much healthier than I have in the last five years. – Everyone told me stay the course, de-stress, de-anxiety yourself. I joked yesterday with the staff that I was going home to have a chat with my ovaries.

We had a serious chat last night. :grr:

Although I hadn’t slept fitfully at all I woke up in a fantastic mood with a really positive outlook and mentally ready to go in for another ultrasound and blood work. I was in such a great mood that I stopped and got the staff Dunkin Dounts coffee and Muffins (the pumpkin ones looked especially yummy).

Well, well, well that little chat I’d had with my fickle ovaries last night got things kick started again! I now have one follicle at 26mm (She’s a big girl!), one follicle at 18mm and the last at 16mm (Boys take longer to mature … ha ha ha … kidding … a little humor is required at this point.) and my lining is at 10.6.

So I was told to trigger at 9:30. And of all of this so far that was by far the easiest step. I think the progesterone shots are going to be the worst part but [B]I am in it to win it![/B]

Dear reader if the urge so inclines you to send me some :babydust:babydust:babydust: now would be a great time!!

I’m rooting for you! LOTS OF :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Thanks for posting and keep us posted!

[B]Thank you !! Thank you!!!:pray: [/B]

[quote=cgong1]I’m rooting for you! LOTS OF :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Thanks for posting and keep us posted![/quote]

Hooray - those three sound great! Lots of baby dust to you! Hope this is your cycle. :cross::cross::cross:

:babydust: Here you go!!! :babydust:

Blindsided

After five years of planning, two years of of tests, thousands of dollars in drugs, thousands of dollars in accupunture, thousands of dollars paid to the fertility center, thousands of dollars to buy sperm. Three follicles and no eggs.

No one egg was visible.

none.:confused:

[QUOTE=skisunfun]After five years of planning, two years of of tests, thousands of dollars in drugs, thousands of dollars in accupunture, thousands of dollars paid to the fertility center, thousands of dollars to buy sperm. Three follicles and no eggs.

No one egg was visible.

none.:confused:[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry. I have heard of this happening, but rarely. I am just so sorry you are going through this, I hope you get some answers soon. This must be incredibly painful.

Thanks Jess - it’s really sad. I’m so bummed out. And confused at to what happened. It’s so weird… I’ll keep you posted on what the docs tell me. I do wonder if it has to do with the shrinking earlier in the week. Maybe the eggs go released or something?? I’m unsure… thank you for your kind words!

I am very sorry. Can you ask your dr to have an IUI within a couple of days? There is a lady here who had no eggs at retrieval, but got pregnant after having sex with her husband a few days later. Chances of that are admittedly very low, but who knows, maybe you have a good egg about to ovulate from a smaller follicle.

[QUOTE=skisunfun]After five years of planning, two years of of tests, thousands of dollars in drugs, thousands of dollars in accupunture, thousands of dollars paid to the fertility center, thousands of dollars to buy sperm. Three follicles and no eggs.

No one egg was visible.

none.:confused:[/QUOTE]
I AMSO SORRY TO HEAR THAT.

Thanks ladies,

I spoke with the doctor and his response was “oh well I thought this might happen due to age. You should reconsider donor eggs”.

Yeah he is probably right BUT I just cannot get past wanting my own genetic child…

So this morning I woke up after sleeping on and off for about 16 hours ready to get focused again. Not even the upset stomach I had from the meds yesterday coule deter me!!

I made an appointment with a new clinic with a doctor that helped a good friend conceive twins. I’m hoping she can help me!! I’ll take a healthy baby regardless of gender please!! :cheer:

[QUOTE=skisunfun]So this morning I woke up after sleeping on and off for about 16 hours ready to get focused again. Not even the upset stomach I had from the meds yesterday coule deter me!!

I made an appointment with a new clinic with a doctor that helped a good friend conceive twins. I’m hoping she can help me!! I’ll take a healthy baby regardless of gender please!! :cheer:[/QUOTE]
That’s what i would call a posetive attitude. loads of baby dust to you. Wish you all the best and i will :pray: for you.

Good Luck Skisunfun

[quote=babaydust]That’s what i would call a posetive attitude. loads of baby dust to you. Wish you all the best and i will :pray: for you.

Good Luck Skisunfun[/quote]

Thanks Babydust (great username!!) I’m ready to make this happen!! =)