Triggering without Dr. approval

So this month we finally got a bill from the hospital for all my ultrasounds from October to December. It was almost $1000 so I decided to skip the ultrasounds this time. It is just too much. I did however buy the Ovidrel before I decided this so I have my shot at home. I looked at all my trackers and I seem to always trigger two weeks after my last Clomid pill.

So I am thinking I am going to trigger anyways. Anyone ever do this? I know I could miss a cyst or something but I am going to my regular OB/GYN next week and I figured I could tell her what I did and she could tell me if I needed to go to my RE for an ultrasound to be sure or if I was okay. My OB/GYN is $0 to see.

Thoughts?

I totally understand why you are doing that and I would probably do it as well, but whether or not it is a good or safe idea, I have no clue. Good luck though!

Are you taking the same dose of Clomid as with previous cycles? What has your follie count looked like in the past? My biggest concern would be risking the chance of multiples. If you had 5 or 6 mature follies and triggered, there’s potential for diaster there. Or if you trigger with a cyst, that could cause problems also.

I probably wouldn’t risk it, but that’s just me. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I am still on the fence but…

I have always had 1 or 2 follies. Usually by today they are about 21 or 22 mm. Same doses each time (200mg)

I have also never had a cyst or any other issues.

I will wait and see. I have until tomorrow to decide.

I would do it! You have it and you know your cycle and have only had a couple follicles in the past so there is minimal risk. Statistically there is minimal risk on clomid of multiples anyway so…

If you don’t have follicles ready then the worst that would happen would be that you waste the trigger-- or the trigger will boost the follicle growth and then your body would try on its own to ovulate the dominate one at least when they are ready and if you have already ovulated then it will just boost the luteal phase so…either way you are good.

I would totally go for it! If you get pregnant then you certainly won’t regret it.

:babydust::babydust::babydust:and :cross:!

[quote=mychellelynne]I am still on the fence but…

I have always had 1 or 2 follies. Usually by today they are about 21 or 22 mm. Same doses each time (200mg)

I have also never had a cyst or any other issues.

I will wait and see. I have until tomorrow to decide.[/quote]

In that case, I might consider it. I’ve got PCOS so the potential to develop multiple follies is greater (but more likely on injects than clomid alone) and I’ve been blessed with cysts in the past. But if you’re doing the same dose you’ve only ever had 1 or 2 follies and no history of cysts, I might go for it! :evilgrin:

Anxious to hear what you decide!!

I triggered! I couldnt help it. I couldnt live with the idea that this could be the month and I was letting it pass by. I called my OB/GYN and she said if I had any nasty symptoms to give her a call but she said she would have done it too.

:cross: