Trisomy 22 - help pls!

Dear all,

I had a miscarriage a few weeks back and we got back the results from the miscarriage just today …apparent,y the baby had trisomy 22 which means baby had an extra pair of chromosome 22…

Did anyone else face this situation? Will our next pregnancy also face similar issues?

Am really worried and looking for some comfort and positive words…

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I’m so sorry to hear about you loss. I would suggest Chromosome testing on the embryos before transfer. This will rule out chromosome abnormalities. We currently are going through our 1st IVF and opted to the PGD testing due to my RPL history. The results of our embryos will be reveled in 7 days. Best wishes. [/FONT][/SIZE]

A complete trisomy is almost never a recurrence risk, but your doctor should be able to give you the best info. Most likely this was just bad genetic luck. I am sorry that you had to suffer this miscarriage, but there is no reason to think that you won’t have a completely healthy baby with your next try. Big hugs.

Im sorry that you have been through that. If you can, let your embryos get tested on day 5, to rule out those abnormalities. It doesnt mean it will happen again, but better to be sure.

I’m so sorry about your loss - it truly is heartbreaking. I would speak to your RE about genetic testing on the embryo’s. I have gone through 1 miscarriage at 8 weeks, 1 chemical with first round of IVF and finally was tested for genetic mutation (both DH and I) as you can see in my signature, I’m a carrier which is what was causing my complications.
Second round of IVF we did PGD testing and am 25 weeks and 4 days pregnant with our little girl!
Best of luck to you!!!