Trying to concieve 2years now and no luck

hi i just learned i have pcos im devastated and cant stop crying im trying to concieve 2years now and no luck. i am a bit overweight so doctor put me on metaform to get my bmi down and since i have she still wont prescribe me clomid anyone wit helpand advise as i really need it please … also my period is always only 2 weeks late but im now 5 weeks late would it be from the metaform coz it certantly not pregnancy as ive checked im feeling really down

Hi kiera, I have a friend with pcos she is overweight and tried to conceive no luck. Then they found pcos and put her on metformin and she conceived a baby boy naturally. They went on holidays and it happened. Pcos is pretty common and treatable these days. Just wish a pill could help me. Starting ivf no.1 this month. What’s the koala pic? Just curious i’m aussie but in the U.S.

hi catho tnx for replying that brill that ur friend concieved i love hearing stories like that gives me some hope as im kinda losin it now… im only on the metaform 2 weeks how long did it take ur friend to concieve on it? so sorry u have to go through ivf i hope it will work for u wish men could go through wat we have to instead haha… i just love kaola bears so cute

Kiera- The metformin should really help you. I am not overweight and wasn’t diagnosed with PCOS but I am borderline insulin resistant. I did 2 IVF cycles and both failed but my Dr didn’t know why. I switched to a new Dr and he put me on metformin before my third IVF and it worked on the first try! It’s kind of hard to take (on the stomach) but well worth it! Good luck to you! By the way, I love your name and if I have a girl her name will be Kiera! :slight_smile:

Hi Kiera, I was diagnosed with Multiple PCOS back in 2006 and I still concieved twice in 2009 (although I was on clomid on both occasions). Sadly, they both ended in ectopic pregnancies and I lost both tubes but I don’t think that was PCOS related. There was a time that I went for 10 months without any menstrual cycle at all, I was testing myself every month, but Doc says one of the sympthoms of PCOS is irregular periods, followed by acne, excess hair growth and weight gain (Grrrr…) On the plus side, I just started my first cycle of IVF and had my embryo implanted yesterday so just praying it turns out good. Don’t be discouraged, I have two relatives that have PCOS and they both have children which were concieved naturally so just hang in there! :wink:

tnx girls for all replying to me it really helps alot its just very frustrating my cycle is always only 2to3 weeks late never ever over that and im going into my 5th week without them,could it possibly be the metaformin?really dont want to go down the road just yet of ivf i would really love to try the clomid but my doctor wont give it to me… hope all works out for u all which im sure it will. good things comes to those who wait

[QUOTE=hopingfortwins;n2618126]Kiera- The metformin should really help you. I am not overweight and wasn’t diagnosed with PCOS but I am borderline insulin resistant. I did 2 IVF cycles and both failed but my Dr didn’t know why. I switched to a new Dr and he put me on metformin before my third IVF and it worked on the first try! It’s kind of hard to take (on the stomach) but well worth it! Good luck to you! By the way, I love your name and if I have a girl her name will be Kiera! :)[/QUOTE]

agree metformin is the key

Hello ladies! I was diagnosed with PCOS too. So I know exactly how you feel. I underwent medical treatment. Unfortunately it brought no result. We decided not to waste more time and turn to de ivf. Thanks to this forum and very kind lady, we decided to go to Ukraine. The clinic which we chose is called biotexcom. We made some more research on it and after reading more positive reviews and looking through its statistics on different websites with lists of reproductive clinics, we sent message to a manager of this clinic. Our first meeting was a couple of weeks ago. We did all needed medical tests and our doctor gave us treatment plan. So now we are getting ready to embryos transfer! We chose package for €9.900. We chose it because we’ll have 5 attempts of ivf. Also the clinic returns money in case of failure of all tries. I think that’s perfect package and there will be no risk for us. The services were pretty good. We were met in the airport. We had free cab. Our apartment was comfy. Also there was an interpreter, who translated for us. The only thing we disliked was long lines. There were really many people and it was so exhausting to stay in lines for hours. But anyway I think it’s not that bad. The most important is the procedure to be successful!

Hi! I definitely relate to the thread. I have PCOS with blocked fallopian tubes. Unfortunately we failed to get pregnant after 2 years of TTC. So applied for the ivf treatment in UK. They told us we have chances to conceive with own eggs. And we did several fresh ivf attempts with oe but got no luck. After the last investigation my previous dr told 5% after our last cycle failed only getting 1 egg out of me. Then we were going donor that gave us 75%. But I have heard stories where bad responders and low egg reserve people it has worked! It only takes 1 as they say! If we had the money we might have tried again with my eggs but we figured we just wanted to be parents one way or another and that gave us the best chance. Another thing is that we stopped trusting the place we went on with earlier. Seems like they just wanted to loom our money…
Then we looked from loads of info via net. And came across surroparents.org dealing with egg donation and surrogacy in Ukraine. We got to know about the programs they offer to their clients and were shocked with their reasonable prices! :slight_smile:
For 9900 euro we booked 5 shots with de, all meds needed and selective reduction. They also guarantee results - if you fail to conceive 5 times they refund ALL money paid!!
Now when we’ve got our BFP and are enjoying every other day of our pregnancy we have absolutely nothing to regret about using them! Just a good place to be in and get highly professional treatment for less sum of money!
Wish you all good luck on the path X