TSH levels and Snythroid help!

Dh and I have been ttc for 2 years, with no hope naturally. Went of bcps right after our wedding and nothing! I had a few periods now and then but haven’t had a period naturally for almost a year!:grr: . Found out I was not O’ing by myself!. She did some lab work and found out I have Hypothyroidism. My tsh is 5.6, ob gave me 125 mcgs of Synthroid on top of Provera and Clomid. Havent had :af: with Provera yet but on 5 day I start taking Clomid. I want to know if anyone else have tried these treatments or if lowering tsh levels help concieved?
I just need advice and what to expect and women who have been there before! :thankyou:

[quote=AbbyMarie]Dh and I have been ttc for 2 years, with no hope naturally. Went of bcps right after our wedding and nothing! I had a few periods now and then but haven’t had a period naturally for almost a year!:grr: . Found out I was not O’ing by myself!. She did some lab work and found out I have Hypothyroidism. My tsh is 5.6, ob gave me 125 mcgs of Synthroid on top of Provera and Clomid. Havent had :af: with Provera yet but on 5 day I start taking Clomid. I want to know if anyone else have tried these treatments or if lowering tsh levels help concieved?
I just need advice and what to expect and women who have been there before! :thankyou:[/God with Us, Even though my heart is torn I wil praise him in this storm
!]

don’t know if this will help

Hello! We also were trying for almost two years. This spring I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and am on Synthriod. we did 4 rounds of clomid+IUI and :bfn: on all of them. Then, this cycle I got my :bfp:totally naturally! I don’t know if it was the synthroid (I also was taking cod liver oil and royal jelly, btw) and trying other stuff (mostly therapy of different sorts - I’ve been so devastated by not getting pregnant I needed help getting to a place where it wasn’t so painful, where I didn’t seethe with jealousy every time I heard one of my friends was pregnant, etc).

So the synthroid certainly won’t hurt and I think it could play a big role in helping you get pregnant!!

It definitely seems to play a role, according to everything any RE or (regular) endocrinologist has told me. One point the (regular) endocrinologist made to me when I first saw her was that some docs, esp regular OBs, will see a TSH of 3 or 4 and call it normal because the lab does. But ideally it should be somewhere below 1.5 to 2. We needed IVF in addition to Synthroid, but it can’t hurt to try that first!

:babydust: , Heather

Thank you ladies! It is good to talk with women who have been there and done that, I start taking my Clomid soon very nervous! I really want that :bfp: !!! And Good luck and Congrats!!! BABY DUST to everyone!