TTC #2 after IVF 30something

hi. This forum was incredible when we were TTC #1. He just turned two. I’m almost 40 and we cannot afford IVF again. For other reasons I don’t want to. We have two snowbabies, long story. … So I’m just wanting to talk about what it’s like to try but not try TTC vs HTC (hoping to conceive) when the chances without treatnet are slim. Im going crazy, life’s cruel sense of humor has me 11 days late on a regular never skipped cycle… bfn, again. It’s awful every month not trying but not avoiding and every month wondering- maybe-- and having symptoms but then nothing… And wanting another but at the same time unsure… But I don’t have the luxury of waiting too much longer, I’ve been peri menopausal since 2010… Anyway. Maybe someone is relieved reading this post and wants to share too.

Baby dust to ALL.

[GALLERY=media, 102]Infertility by admin posted Sep 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM[/GALLERY]
I thought of this reading your post. It’s crazy how expensive everything is when it happens for “free” for most people. Hang in there. I hope that good things are coming your way and you have some clarity on how you want to move forward.

dreamfinity: I’m sorry for what you’re going through! I’m TTC #2 naturally as well. You can see in my sig what my process was the first time around. The though of going through the IVF process was very daunting for me so I’m sure revisiting that for you is very difficult. IUI’s are still a very emotionally draining and stressful process for me as well. I’m really hoping I will be able to avoid all of that this time. I had my blood work tested a few months ago and my AMH was unchanged, which is great news even though it’s so low. At least it hasn’t gotten worse right? I’ve just started my TTC journey this time so my stress level is fairly low at the moment. I haven’t had any phantom symptoms just yet. I’m sure in the next few week while I wait it out, I will feel all of the emotions and stresses from my first journey all over again. I’m am dreading that!

Clove I seriously love that meme! I’m also TTC #2. Unfortunately IVF is our only option. Dream and Erin, I hope you are able to get your natural BFPs!

Ivf is my only option too! I am soooo ready to start on baby #2, but because IVF is the price of college, I got a second job to help pay off debt, just so I can jump back into it (debt that is)! I really hope I can get started by the end of this year beginning of next. Baby dust to all!

Stillhopeful08,
I’m sorry…working two jobs is no fun. We’ll have tales of love to tell our future children someday about how badly we wanted them :slight_smile:
Baby dust to you too friend!

[QUOTE=“admin, post: 1789567, member: 1”]Stillhopeful08,
I’m sorry…working two jobs is no fun. We’ll have tales of love to tell our future children someday about how badly we wanted them :slight_smile:
Baby dust to you too friend![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“admin, post: 1789567, member: 1”]Stillhopeful08,
Baby dust to you too friend![/QUOTE]

Thanks Clove!!! Oh I’m always reminding my daughter how much time and money she cost us LOL!!! I wouldn’t change it for the world… Well, yeah I would change the cost, but nothing else! Ha

How’s everyone doing? Any success? I’m talking to 2 clinics next week about trying again.

How exciting!!! I’m still working on paying off my credit cards. I’m still waiting for it to start raining $100 bills or to hit the lottery.;).
The baby bug is still biting me like crazy. I just wish ivf wasn’t so dang on expensive!!! Keep us posted girlie! I love following everyone’s progress.

So I ended up speaking with 4 clinics and DH and I decided we want to travel back to FCNE in Boston where DD was conceived. If all my tests this week look good I’ll start BCP next month and be in Boston early Aug. Feeling excited to finally be trying again after a year of waiting!

Awesome!!! How exciting!!! Keep us posted on your journey!

did you ever move forward on this? i let go of checking this thread from self-despair, sorry. I’m back on the wagon and am hoping all is well with you. <3

so how’d it go?