TTC in School

I have posted about this before, but now we are to the point of seriously considering it. I am about to be in my fourth and last semester of nursing school. (A lot of ppl are negative about this) But my husband and I are just really ready to get preg. Were to the point where we have nothing left that we want to do except the one ting that I cant do naturally. I know plenty of ppl who have been preg in school and were fine. I just really would like to talk to someone who has done IVF while in school.

I have read on other sites that ppl have done it before, Has anyone done IVF while in NS? Please let me know how it went for you and how understanding (or not) your instructors were.

:babydust: :babydust: to all!

If you’re determined enough, anything is possible! I started our second round in February/March of the last semester of my Bachelor’s. I graduated when I was six weeks pregnant! Just push through it if it’s what you want. Good luck either way!

Hi. As a nurse I would say wait to do the IVF until after school since you are so close to finishing and since time is on your side. Taking your nursing boards can be stressful as well. The IVF process is not always easy. It can be time consuming with lots of appointments that are not always predictable. In addition, everyone reacts differently to the hormones and medications. What you could do is start the process. Depending on where you go, it may take a while to get an appointment. It also usually takes a while to get some of the required testing out of the way becasue a lot of it is based on your cycle. I think it took me about 6 weeks to get all of my testing completed but it varies depending on your story and history. So you could get all of that out of the way and then be ready to go as soon as you are finished. Just my opinion. Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy your nursing career!

[quote=CKM5456]I have posted about this before, but now we are to the point of seriously considering it. I am about to be in my fourth and last semester of nursing school. (A lot of ppl are negative about this) But my husband and I are just really ready to get preg. Were to the point where we have nothing left that we want to do except the one ting that I cant do naturally. I know plenty of ppl who have been preg in school and were fine. I just really would like to talk to someone who has done IVF while in school.

I have read on other sites that ppl have done it before, Has anyone done IVF while in NS? Please let me know how it went for you and how understanding (or not) your instructors were.

:babydust: :babydust: to all![/quote]

I will secon the last poster as a nurse I remember nursing school are u still doing clinicals??? If you respond well patient care will be nearly impossible and retrieval is surgery depending on how many eggs you get you’ll need several days at very short notice or if you hyper stimulate like I do I had to take off a full week and then be on light duty nursing is unlike any profession and I know most schools won’t let u take time off with out repeating. On a different note boards didn’t cause me much stress BUT if it would work for you you’re less likely to be hired than a non pregnant applicant just something to think about

I will secon the last poster as a nurse I remember nursing school are u still doing clinicals??? If you respond well patient care will be nearly impossible and retrieval is surgery depending on how many eggs you get you’ll need several days at very short notice or if you hyper stimulate like I do I had to take off a full week and then be on light duty nursing is unlike any profession and I know most schools won’t let u take time off with out repeating. On a different note boards didn’t cause me much stress BUT if it would work for you you’re less likely to be hired than a non pregnant applicant just something to think about

Do you tell your teachers what is going on? And thanks, this being my last semester I have more freedom since I will be scheduling my own clinicals I could wait to even start clinicals til the middle of the semester If I wanted or just do a few in the beginning then finish them later.

I know nursing school is stressful but I did have two surgeries within two mo during my first semester, and they weren’t just “normal” surgeries they were surgeries that emotionally crushed me so I think I could handle that being that Ive done it before. Last semester didn’t really get stressful until the last mo maybe itll be the same this time.

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to all… thanks for replying!