TTC with low AMH

Hi,
After ttc for more than a year, In January 2013, we consulted the gynecologist. After initial blood tests and ultrasound, it was clear that I had some problem (High FSH – 16.3, low AMH – 0.4 and TSH – 6.3), so the doctor referred me to the infertility expert and Endocrinologist for thyroid problem. My husband’s SA is very good.
My infertility expert wants to try the ovulation induction cycles first. Because of my age (I am 28), she thinks that we can achieve the pregnancy with minimal medication.
So on my first OI, I was given clomid 150 mgs daily for 3 days and other supplements like COQ and vitamin tablets along with folvite tablets. Scan on day 5, 11 were good. I had 2 eggs in right ovary with the perfect size. HCG trigger shot was given on day 11.I was told to expect ovulation pain after 36-40 hours. I didn’t get any pain and I was worried that I didn’t ovulate at all. But scan on day 15 showed the ovulation. Long story short, I didn’t conceived that cycle.
On my 2nd OI, doctor gave me the ovitrelle injection on day 10. This time I had 1 egg in right and 1 in left ovary. Scan on day 14 showed my ovulation. But again, I failed to conceive this cycle.
So my expert asked me to get the HSG done just to make sure my tubes were clear. I had the HSG on Saturday. The test was a not a bad one and my tubes are clear. Yay!!

However, my doctor has not prescribed the clomid this cycle. I don’t know what will happen now. I am going to meet her on Wednesday for further consultation.

I was just wondering should I just try IUI because of my low AMH, or try few OI cycles with TI and hope for the best.

Can women with low AMH achieve pregnancy naturally?

[quote=Cyberhope]Hi,
After ttc for more than a year, In January 2013, we consulted the gynecologist. After initial blood tests and ultrasound, it was clear that I had some problem (High FSH – 16.3, low AMH – 0.4 and TSH – 6.3), so the doctor referred me to the infertility expert and Endocrinologist for thyroid problem. My husband’s SA is very good.
My infertility expert wants to try the ovulation induction cycles first. Because of my age (I am 28), she thinks that we can achieve the pregnancy with minimal medication.
So on my first OI, I was given clomid 150 mgs daily for 3 days and other supplements like COQ and vitamin tablets along with folvite tablets. Scan on day 5, 11 were good. I had 2 eggs in right ovary with the perfect size. HCG trigger shot was given on day 11.I was told to expect ovulation pain after 36-40 hours. I didn’t get any pain and I was worried that I didn’t ovulate at all. But scan on day 15 showed the ovulation. Long story short, I didn’t conceived that cycle.
On my 2nd OI, doctor gave me the ovitrelle injection on day 10. This time I had 1 egg in right and 1 in left ovary. Scan on day 14 showed my ovulation. But again, I failed to conceive this cycle.
So my expert asked me to get the HSG done just to make sure my tubes were clear. I had the HSG on Saturday. The test was a not a bad one and my tubes are clear. Yay!!

However, my doctor has not prescribed the clomid this cycle. I don’t know what will happen now. I am going to meet her on Wednesday for further consultation.

I was just wondering should I just try IUI because of my low AMH, or try few OI cycles with TI and hope for the best.

Can women with low AMH achieve pregnancy naturally?[/quote]

Hello,

There is a thread on this webiste called IVF success with low AMH??? You should check it out. There are alot of us with similar issues and the support and info on that thread is terrific. Good luck!

My AMH is .8 and I was able to get pregnant naturally twice, although I had miscarriages both times. We don’t know that the miscarriages were related to the low AMH though, could have been a coincidence. I was able to get pregnant with my 4th IUI.