Ttc With Pcos

HELLO MY NAME IS TOYA, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FOR LIKE 5 YEARS NOW. I WENT TO SEE A FERTILITY DOC BUT GOT TIRED OF GOING THROUGH ALL THE TREATMENTS. THE NEXT DOC I WENT TO TOLD ME I GOT ALL THE SIGNS OF PCOS. SO ME AND MY HUSBAND HAD STOP TRYING FOR AWHILE BECAUSE I GOT TIRED OF GOING THROUGH ALL THESE DIFFRENT TEST AND STILL NOT GETTING PREGANT. I FELT LIKE I HAVE WAISTED SO MUCH MONEY. WE JUST STARTED BACK TRTING, I WENT TO SEE A NEW DOC WHO I LOVE AND HE TRYED TO PUT ME ON CLOMID BUT I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO LOSE WEIGHT FIRST. SO I HAVE LOST 43 PDS AND MY PERIODS ARE MUCH HEAVEY NOW. :clap:SO HE PUT ME ON CLOMID I HAVEN’T STARTED YET BUT HE TOLD ME TO TAKE IT ON THE 5 DAY OF MY CYCLE. THAT DON’T SOUND RIGHT TO ME. HAVE ANYBODY ELSE TOOK CLOMID ON THEIR 5TH DAY OF THEIR CYCLE. I THOUGHT YOU SUPPOSE TO TAKE IT ON THE 3RD OR 4TH DAY. I DON’T KNOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW BUT THAT’S HOW HE TOLD ME TO TAKE THEM. WISH ME LOOK I’M SO READY TO HAVE A CHILD, I FEEL LIKE I’M GETTING TO OLD. I’M 28 YEARS OLD AND READY. :pray:

go for it!

Toya, some doctors have different procedures. I have heard of day 3 and even day 1 clomid cycles but definitely day 5 is normal. That’s how my doctor RX it to me and although I was not a good responder it had nothing to do with the day I started. My friend however also did day 5 clomid and has a beautiful 13 month old baby boy to show for it. Good Luck!!!
Oh and GOOO YOU!! for losing 43 lbs! WOOHOO!:cheer:

[QUOTE=Looking4BFP]Toya, some doctors have different procedures. I have heard of day 3 and even day 1 clomid cycles but definitely day 5 is normal. That’s how my doctor RX it to me and although I was not a good responder it had nothing to do with the day I started. My friend however also did day 5 clomid and has a beautiful 13 month old baby boy to show for it. Good Luck!!!
Oh and GOOO YOU!! for losing 43 lbs! WOOHOO!:cheer:[/QUOTE]

Looking4BFP, just read your signature, and it is giving me hope! I’m 25 with PCOS, so pretty close to your age, and I just had my first IUI &50iu Follistim (same as you again), and got a BFN with cysts at the next baseline (and we’ve hit the trifecta!).

It has been pretty discouraging. The last few days I have had horrible cramping pain, which my RE says is a result of the cysts. I’m at day 21 of my off-cycle, and am so hoping they will be gone by my next baseline. Did you experience any of this with your cysts?

I am so hoping I’ll be able to get a BFP on my second IUI like you. Anyway, if you have any input on the cysts I’d appreciate it. Thanks and congrats on your pregnancy!

Congratulations on losing the pounds.:clap: Same age with you and have been ttc for 2 years but found out had pco since 2006. I feel your pain and longing to have a child like all of us do. My RE give me clomid every 2nd day of my period and I guess different RE have different procedures and techniques which comes from their experience. Baby dust to everyone. :wings:

Ladies, My doctor put me on Metformin for the stimulation phase of my 4th IVF and I am now pregnant with twins. You might want to ask about it. They make you go for bloodwork. I think to make sure your kidneys/liver etc are ok. Good luck.

When I was on clomid I took it each day on days 5-9 of my cycle. I also took the metformin to regulate the periods. Good Luck!:bsv:

Yes I Did Have A Little Cramping With It But It Wasn’t That Bad. I Didn’t Have Any Big Cyst At All. They Were All Little Small One’s. But I’m Doing Much Better On The Clomids.