two miscarriages, now what??

Sorry i posted this in another section too. ok, so first off hi! new to this site… i have do a healthy 3 1/2 yr old boy already. i got pregnant in july after getting off my bc. well on my second check up , the heart had stopped i should have been 8 or 9 weeks. i had the d&c well as dumb as it may sound, we didnt use protection, i didnt think i would actually be that fertile. it took four months after my pills to get pregnant so i thought i could at least make it to one period. well i was prego again. i never had a period, so i saw my doc she said everything should be ok, well they did my blood work and my progesterone was low that was on a friday i didnt hear from my doc til that mon about my progesterone. i had started miscarrying on that sunday. so i saw her again 6 weeks later… first thing i asked if something was wrong with me she said no but i’m not sure if shes sure about that. told me i needed to let my body rest and not to try again til after 3 cycles. as much as i dont want to i know i need to. so now i’m waiting wondering if something is wrong with me or my uterus wasnt ready to hold another baby. any stories or any ideas if something is wrong with me what it could be?? i dont have a problem getting pregnant. i’m hoping the first was just one of those bad luck 20% out of every pregnancy miscarriage… and the second was my fault, i should have waited… but then theres a piece of me that thinks something is wrong with me…

Hi Jewl
I am very sorry to hear you news. I have heard both sides of the “don’t get pregnant” after a D and C. While some ladies it worked out fine, others it did not.

I would suggest to you to request a Recc. Pregnancy Loss blood work up panel. They will probably say you don’t need it due to the fact of your age, and a previous child born. I would insist. That will really be the only way to get to the bottom (if there is one) of what is going on. Progesterone support too after any further pregnancies would be a good thing too, since your p4 was low with that second pregnancy. While many blood works come back “all good”, many come back with very fixable problems. Some gals have had deliveries, then started the m/c issues THEN have found out they have some kind of problem.

Fight for your rights, as many of these obgyn’s will blow it off. 2 in a row is serious IMO. If he says no, find someone else. A MFM, another OBGYN or an RE.

Good Luck
Denise

[QUOTE=Jewl12]Sorry i posted this in another section too. ok, so first off hi! new to this site… i have do a healthy 3 1/2 yr old boy already. i got pregnant in july after getting off my bc. well on my second check up , the heart had stopped i should have been 8 or 9 weeks. i had the d&c well as dumb as it may sound, we didnt use protection, i didnt think i would actually be that fertile. it took four months after my pills to get pregnant so i thought i could at least make it to one period. well i was prego again. i never had a period, so i saw my doc she said everything should be ok, well they did my blood work and my progesterone was low that was on a friday i didnt hear from my doc til that mon about my progesterone. i had started miscarrying on that sunday. so i saw her again 6 weeks later… first thing i asked if something was wrong with me she said no but i’m not sure if shes sure about that. told me i needed to let my body rest and not to try again til after 3 cycles. as much as i dont want to i know i need to. so now i’m waiting wondering if something is wrong with me or my uterus wasnt ready to hold another baby. any stories or any ideas if something is wrong with me what it could be?? i dont have a problem getting pregnant. i’m hoping the first was just one of those bad luck 20% out of every pregnancy miscarriage… and the second was my fault, i should have waited… but then theres a piece of me that thinks something is wrong with me…[/QUOTE]
I had my daughter in 2006 everything went perfectly but then when she was born her head was out when I started vomiting and it caused a ripple in my uterine wall from the force that pushed her out too quickly. Shortly after I was diagnosed with cer oval cancer so we went through treatments and I was In remission less than a yr later I was truly blessed so we did an iui round and became pregnant with twins after three tries after our third u/s they said one didn’t have a heaRtbeat and to expect to miscarry both so I came back 6 weeks later and they discovered one has survived and we we’re blessed with a son feb 2010 then in july we found out we were pregnant naturally it was a huge surprise and we were so excited but then in aug I started having bad cramps and bleeding so I went to the hospital and they confirmed mc and we were told to wait 3 cycles as well. And to b honest we didn’t use any protection once we had sex again after the bleeding and pain subsided and we ha ent become pregnant again at all its dissapointi.g and now I ha e gained twenty pounds from stress and that stresses me out more b/c then I worry about being healthy for my (hopefully ) future baby. Our dr says we ha e to try for a full yr before doing another iui its a miserable wait and I hope it happens soon for u and me both :cross: :pray:

I’m so sorry for your losses. It doesn’t matter if there is a medical reason for it, the loss still hurts. I have an almost 5 yo daughter but hubby and I were hoping to have more. Neither of us had a job with insurance coverage for a while, so we stopped ttc until we had coverage again. Since we started ttc again, I’ve m/c two babies. One at ten weeks and the second at five weeks. I can’t get an OB to do any testing. My family dr did some tests but found nothing. She seems to think it’s just bad luck at this point. It’s tough when there is apparently nothing wrong.

So, I guess I said all that to say this. Take your time. Don’t push yourself to “get over” your loss before you’re really ready. It’s hard and you need to make sure you take the time you need to heal. The hurt doesn’t go away, but it does lessen. You will be ready again. Just take your time.