U/S 6 weeks - only dating 5weeks

Hi Ladies,

I really need some advice I am just back from our 6 week internal scan ( first preg). I was really nervous going in because I have been feeling a lot better in the last few days (after a week of nausea & other symptoms) and the baby is only measuring 5 weeks 1 day. We know my exact because I had a FET so there cannot be any mistakes.

Can this only mean one thing??? The nurse said to come back in a week and we wont know anything till then.

Is there anything I can do??? I just have a horrible feeling and I would prefer if it was confirmed now as to having to wait another week.

Please help, any advice at all???

I don’t think a week’s difference is such a big deal. Wait and see if there’s growth and if there’s a heartbeat soon. In my case the baby stopped growing at around 3 weeks and there was no hope. Don’t worry yet. As my doctor told me-there’s nothing you can do to cause or prevent a miscarriage. Not all babies follow the exact length guidelines. There’s still hope! Hugs and good luck.

I’m sorry you’re going through this. In my case, the pregnancy did not end well, beta not doubling every 2 days, there was a sac measuring 9 mm at 6 weeks 4 days (should measure 14mm by 6 weeks gestation) but no yolk sac or fetal pole inside and at 7 weeks check again, still no baby inside ???. I was so heartbroken but found my peace because my doctor wanted me to take a shot to end it the next day because she also suspected my pregnancy was ectopic and i could lose my life if i dont end it soon. My beta was 10,000 plus when I took methotrexate shot to end it and I got a second opinion before i made that decision. I hope things will workout for the best for you and you will see a sac with baby inside and heartbeat. I know the feeling of just dreaming of wanting to hear the heartbeat and with IVF, we know the exact gestation age of the pregnancy so it is hard to be positive. But if your doctor isnt threatening you of ectopic, wait as long as you want until you feel comfortable that it is not going to be a viable pregnancy.