Ugh

So, being curious and needing to know if im pregnant, I ended up taking a hpt 8 days after my IUI. It ended up :bfn: I know youre suppose to wait 2 weeks bc you can get a false positive bc the trigger is still in your system. Has anyone tested before the 2ww and got a :bfn:only to find out at 2 weeks, its a :bfp:???
Since it was a negative even though the hcg is still in my system does this mean theres no way I can be preggo?

If you tested negative at 8dpiui, that just means the hcg is out of your system. It is too early to tell whether you’re pregnant or not. Wait and then test again as close as you can to 14dpiui. That should give you the most accurate result.

Don’t stress, 8dp is way too early but at least now you know that the HCG is out of your system so when you do get a positive test it’ll be real. The earliest I’ve heard of a BFP appearing is 10 days past but mine didn’t show up till 11dp and it was so faint that some people couldn’t even see it, it just looked like the lightest shadow ever. I’d wait till 13dp just so that you don’t drive yourself crazy like I did! Wishing you all the best! :flower:

[quote=Kimmy82]So, being curious and needing to know if im pregnant, I ended up taking a hpt 8 days after my IUI. It ended up :bfn: I know youre suppose to wait 2 weeks bc you can get a false positive bc the trigger is still in your system. Has anyone tested before the 2ww and got a :bfn:only to find out at 2 weeks, its a :bfp:???
Since it was a negative even though the hcg is still in my system does this mean theres no way I can be preggo?[/quote]
I am also 8dpiui today and I poas this morning. But I was just testing to see if all the trigger was out of my system. And hoping for a BFN and it was.

To answer your question YES you still can be preggo. This is too early for the real thing to show up…
hopefully when I test again in 4 days, the results will be different… Hope the same for you!!:cross:

Remember sometimes testing at day 8-10 can still be too early to get a BFP as it take a while for the implantation then after implantation it take 24hrs before the HCG to be detected …Don’t give up all hope until the witch comes… I didn’t get my BFP til day 14. My implantation bleed didn’t happen til day 12 then I tested on day 14.

Implantation does not occur until 6-12 days [U][B]after[/B] [/U]ovulation

Good Luck to you…

Yep you can still have a successful month! I tested starting at 10dpiui and got BFN until 14dpiui and finally saw :bfp: !!! Good luck to you!!!

Thanks for replying. I am 3 days away from 2weeks and all of a sudden I have SEVERE cramping to where I am throwing up from the pain. Ive had cramps and have been bloated since the day after trigger(nov 4th) but for the past 2 days, only at night, I get these severe cramps. Feels like period is coming but not one spot. The pain is so bad I feel like going to the ER. I know that something isnt right. My stomach has been a mess since trigger and am now really worrying as to what is the cause

Kimmy- That doesn’t sound normal - if the pain is that bad I would go to the ER or at least call your RE immediately.

Spoke to my DR and she said I probably have moderate ohss! Trigger was Nov 4th at 4am, I’m surprised that its still in my system considering I had a :bfn: when I tested Nov 13th. This doesnt make sense. If the hcg was still in my system when I did HPT, why did it come out negative?