Unknown location

Hi guys

Just went for my 6 week and 1 day scan and the nurse at the clinic said she though she saw a heart beat but then sent us to the early pregnancy centre where they informed me that there was no sign of ectopic pregnancy in tubes but its a unknown pregnancy…I’m crying my eyes out and just not sure what to do with this to be honest :’(

I’m so sorry! I don’t really understand what that means “unknown pregnancy” but if you find it appropriate, you might consider getting another ultrasound elsewhere or back at the original location.
Sending you support, and good luck to you.

[quote=Finch12]I’m so sorry! I don’t really understand what that means “unknown pregnancy” but if you find it appropriate, you might consider getting another ultrasound elsewhere or back at the original location.
Sending you support, and good luck to you.[/quote]

I meant ‘Unknown Location Pregnancy’ and thank you

By all means if the nurse said she thought she saw a heartbeat don’t give up!! Get another ultrasound done somewhere… Maybe wait a few days in between ultrasounds. I think I would be taking the word of the nurse over the pregnancy center. Why didn’t your doctor do the ultrasound and can you ask your doctor to do one? Please don’t throw in the towel yet!

Another thing! I had an U/s at 6 weeks 2 days and they saw 1 sac, hb ect. went back at 8 weeks. and what do ya know!? Triplets! Granted I ended up loosing 2 of them early on but its worth noting that the RE himself didn’t notice the other 2 sacs at 6 weeks 2 days so its not always easy to identify a pregnancy that early. in fact, my RE doesn’t do first u/s until 7 weeks. i only got in early because of awful cramping. gl and please keep us posted!