Unmedicated IUI success?

My dh has poor sperm morphology. Only 3% normal sperms. He used to have 0% but he had surgery for a varicocele repair and it increased 3% in 3 months.

We are trying our first IUI in the middle of December. We are not doing any meds. The doctor didn’t even bring it up. Anyone had any success with unmedicated IUI’s?

hey asampson!

I’ve had a total of 5 unmedicated IUI’s. The very first one got me pregnant, but unfortunately, I had a miscarriage. I am actually in the middle of my 6th one now (don’t know the outcome yet!)

It IS possible to get pregnant that way, but the reason I’ve been trying it is we don’t have any known problems with me, and we have been using donor sperm of very high quality.

I’m not sure how your unmedicated chances will be if you have a male factor problem. That being said, maybe it’s worth trying for your first one.

If you want to use medications, I would suggest asking your doctor about it! Maybe they will help you if you want to be more aggressive.

I wish you the best of luck!

I think quite a few woman do unmedicated. That being said, personally I wouldn’t do it. We had male factor and with meds I was able to get more targets for his little guys. I think (Again personally) I would feel like I was wasting money and time. Good luck no matter what you decide.

well, my first IUI was medicated with no luck…I actually developed some cysts because of the meds so I was given the option to take a break for the next cycle or do an unmedicated cycle…so, I opted for an undmedicated cycle, and what do you know, I got a BFP! I’m now 17 weeks pregnant with TWINS! Pretty crazy…I know my results aren’t typical but it can happen, good luck!

Congratulations! Wow! That is really awesome! I would LOVE twins. GL with your :preg: !

[QUOTE=asampson]My dh has poor sperm morphology. Only 3% normal sperms. He used to have 0% but he had surgery for a varicocele repair and it increased 3% in 3 months.

We are trying our first IUI in the middle of December. We are not doing any meds. The doctor didn’t even bring it up. Anyone had any success with unmedicated IUI’s?[/QUOTE]

We have a morphology issue too…5%. We’ve done 3 IUIs medicated with no luck thus far. My RE recommended that we medicate for exactly the reason pp said…more eggs = more chance.

That being said…you just never know. It only takes one little spermie to meet that egg!