Using low dose aspirin as part of protocol?

Hi everyone, I’m brand new to the site and gearing up for my first IVF stim cycle this month.

I would like to know how many if you were instructed to take low dose aspirin prior to the retrieval? My ER has told me I would not take it until AFTER the retrieval.

Also, if you were told to take aspirin, did you have any known clotting factors/risks?

I am on baby aspirin and started it on the 23rd of July. My RE wants me to take it from the beginning. I have no known clotting issues either and i’ve been tested.

Thanks for the reply Tiffany, and good luck with your upcoming retrieval!

It seems that anyone started on aspirin is started PRIOR to retrieval so I’m not sure why my ER said to wait until after. I’m not at higher risk of bleeding than anyone else.

I would love to hear from others who used/are using aspirin.

[QUOTE=TryingAt38]Thanks for the reply Tiffany, and good luck with your upcoming retrieval!

It seems that anyone started on aspirin is started PRIOR to retrieval so I’m not sure why my ER said to wait until after. I’m not at higher risk of bleeding than anyone else.

I would love to hear from others who used/are using aspirin.[/QUOTE]

Hey there!

I too have been on baby asprin since the beginning. I had my ivf cycle in April 2011 and I was on the asprin from the beginning too. We are planning our FET for this month and I am on the asprin. It helps with blood flow to the uterus and inturn helps implantation!

I would maybe do some research. Ask your doctor questions based on the info you find and the feedback from us that have experienced using asprin. I would like to see why your RE is not suggesting it. Every RE is different though. Remember to always take your medical treatments into your own hands! I never rely on my doctors 100% all the time! Knowledge is the key and if a doctor does not like when I question about things I just find another one! I do not mess around with doctors since they can be so arrogant at times!

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

No I only took it after retrieval to positive beta helps with implantation my re doesnt want to risk excess bleeding by taking it prior to retrieval

My clinic starts patients on baby aspirin the same day you start BCPs. I can’t take it though (can’t take oral NSAIDS).

One RE had me take it after retrieval.

Second RE had me take it before retrieval but did not take it on same day as HCG shot and didn’t resume aspirin until after retrieval.