Venting

Usually I don’t vent online to people that I don’t know but…I need to tonight. I had to call the Dr. on call to get a prescription of Lovenox filled due to not having any refills. Picked it up and we went out to eat. I meant to bring the medication into the restaurant, but completely forgot. Well where I live the temp. was 10 degrees F. When I realized it we had already eaten and drove around running errands for about a half an hour. My DH said, “oh its fine” “look its not frozen now” Well I called the pharmacist on call and she said that if it got to freezing temp it would not work because it would deactivate it. SO I had to call the Dr. on call again and get a one time prescription to fill it and then I will deal with it in the morning (hope my insurance wills till fill a prescription). The whole prescription is shot because we don’t know how cold it got. It can’t get below 59 degrees F. And it was out in a non running car at 10 degrees for an hour.

My DH thinks I am paranoid. I should just take the medication because he knows it didn’t freeze, he knows this because he uses “common sense”. I seriously think he just doesn’t want to mess with it and go get the injection or that he doesn’t think it is that big of a deal. I see it as serious if the meds don’t work one little blood clot could kill the baby!

That is my vent. My reluctant DH is out getting a prescription because his paranoid wife is making him…

I know that I am anxious about pregnancy in general because of my history, but I don’t want to take that risk. I would never forgive myself if something happened.

What do you gals think? Would you do the same or am I on the paranoid side of things?

Go with your gut decision and get a new RX. You don’t want to take any chances. You worked too hard to get here. I don’t think you are being paranoid - you are being careful.

I agree with WICC. I would do the same thing and your DH should understand. Even if it didn’t freeze, it most certainly got down to below 59F. Hope it worked out!