Very low E2 (25) not budging after 5 days of stims...

I’m hoping someone can chime in to help shed some light on my situation.

My baseline E2 this cycle was 25. I have done Menopur for 5 days @ 75 iu. My lining increased from 2.6 to 5.5 but my E2 did not budge at all and is still at 25. No measurable follicles.

Has anyone had slow-rising E2 like this? The doc has upped my dose to 112 for 3 more days, then another bw/us to see where we stand. I am wary of overstimming and wanted to go slow, but am worried that he upped me already because my E2 didn’t move at all at 75 iu.

Has anyone had E2 this low either? I have Hypothalamic Amennorhea and low FSH/LH/E2 is part of the condition, but this seems incredibly low from everything I’ve seen. :grr:

I am just starting my first month of injectables (follistim) so I don’t have an answer to your question, but I think I’m in a similar boat as you. I have low estrogen and progesterone, and I think slightly low FSH as well. My estrogen level started at 0.6 on day 3, and I had to be redrawn two days later, and it was 18. I started my follistim x 4 days and went back today, but my estrogen went DOWN to 15.

The nurse just told me today that they have many people who don’t respond at first, but respond later in the cycle, so I’m doing two more days at the dose I’m at, then going back on Monday for bw/us. I saw that you posted earlier this month, and I hope that it’s working out for you. :pray: If it is, then maybe theres hope for me.

Agnes

I see this post is a few weeks old, but want to throw my two cents in just in case you are still looking for answers…

I had a very hard time stimming on Menopur, as well. My first cycle I took forever to make one follie, and my dose was 75 raised to 112.5 just like you. My progesterone was too low, though, and we did not get pregnant on that cycle.

My second cycle was even worse. They kept raising the dose, but my follies kept fizzling. At one point I had one at 14mm and two at 11mm, but my E2 never went over 99 and eventually dropped into the 20s, like you. It was VERY disheartening to drive so far to these appointments only to find that nothing was happening. I did a lot of crying on the way to work.

I took a month off on BCP, and then added Gonal F to my next cycle. Within 12 days, my E2 was over 700 and I had 12 giant follicles over 14 mm. We had to cancel the cycle. I was frustrated that the cycle was cancelled, but SOOO glad to find something that worked for me. The next cycle they cut my Gonal F back and I made one great follie that is now my 3-month old son! So have heart…it IS possible to respond, even after a few bad cycles. Ask about changing your meds, or about taking a break on BCP to reset your cycle. I truly believe that’s what did the trick for me, and I had to ask about these things. Good luck!

Needed to hear a positive story

Francesca13 - I think i needed to read this post. I seriously had a breakdown today. I didnt understand why my levels were low. I assumed everything was progressing well. I finally had a good chat with a great friend of mine who works in another state in this field and she explained that it was a bit low… I cried my eyes out… but their is hope… so thank you for sharing your story.

[quote=Francesca13]I see this post is a few weeks old, but want to throw my two cents in just in case you are still looking for answers…

I had a very hard time stimming on Menopur, as well. My first cycle I took forever to make one follie, and my dose was 75 raised to 112.5 just like you. My progesterone was too low, though, and we did not get pregnant on that cycle.

My second cycle was even worse. They kept raising the dose, but my follies kept fizzling. At one point I had one at 14mm and two at 11mm, but my E2 never went over 99 and eventually dropped into the 20s, like you. It was VERY disheartening to drive so far to these appointments only to find that nothing was happening. I did a lot of crying on the way to work.

I took a month off on BCP, and then added Gonal F to my next cycle. Within 12 days, my E2 was over 700 and I had 12 giant follicles over 14 mm. We had to cancel the cycle. I was frustrated that the cycle was cancelled, but SOOO glad to find something that worked for me. The next cycle they cut my Gonal F back and I made one great follie that is now my 3-month old son! So have heart…it IS possible to respond, even after a few bad cycles. Ask about changing your meds, or about taking a break on BCP to reset your cycle. I truly believe that’s what did the trick for me, and I had to ask about these things. Good luck![/quote]