Very Nervous

So my DH and I were taking a break from fertility treatments when SURPRISE :bfp: on 10/19/10. I called my RE and he did a Beta which doubled in 48 hours. I was started on Prometrium vaginal gel caps twice a day. My breasts are sore, I have been having slight dizzy spells, nausea which are all good signs. However, I have had quite a bit of low pelvic pressure, sometimes mild cramping, and other times sharp or tearing like pains. I am freaking out and getting very discouraged that this pregnancy will last! So I am curious, if I do m/c while on Prometrium, will I just not start bleeding like the last few times? I don’t want to wait until 11/8/10 for a sono to tell me the baby isn’t growing!! I erally wish they would continue to monitor my Beta’s to ease my mind. Any one have any experience with this sort of thing?? If I’m already m/c and just not bleeding cause the med, I would rather know sooner than later!!!

Best of luck to you! :thankyou: Looks like it’s turning out well so far…

The cramping and pressure could just be your uterus stretching. I’m not sure whether the Prometrium would keep you from bleeding–I’ve read stories of women who bled even though they were on some sort of progesterone supplement. If the cramping gets severe I would say to check with your doctor, but a certain amount of cramping is perfectly normal. Maybe you could ask for another beta for some time during the week just to put your mind at ease.

Congrats on the BFP :bsv:

one perspective

I’m going through a miscarriage now. I was on injectible progesterone and had no breakthough bleeding until coming off the progesterone.

I went in for a third beta and was glad I did, particularly because I later miscarried: an appropriate rising beta gives an indication that the pregnancy is progressing normally and that it is not ectopic. Also - if your beta was <50 on 14dpo this lends support to your request for an extra beta test. It seems that many clinics give 4 betas. Mine gave two: I requested a third. Because the preganancy failed, the additional information about my beta level rise was useful information.

It also seems that some clinics also do earlier u/s: I understand you can generally see a sac in the 5th week and fetal pole in 6th. My clinic waited till 7w4d.

I wish you the best :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:. Grow little baby grow!!!

I am kind of going through the same thing as you shellfish. I got my bfp on 13dpiui and then got my positive beta which was 18.5 this past Thursday. I went in for a second beta which it was 43.8 on Saturday, and then today’s beta was 54. They told me that it did go up and I am going back for a 4th beta Wednesday. I talked to my OB after the RE’s office called because I was so upset and crying I needed to hear what he had to say. This is what he told me:
He called and got all my lab results before he called me. He told me some really good info that I think all of us can benefit from. First he told me that my numbers look like a very very early pregnancy. He said my Progesterone looks very promising. He said that my level went up which is a good thing and that even though it didn’t double this time that doesn’t mean anything. He said that sometimes in early pregnancy you see this happen. He told me not to worry at all, because right now it is just to early to tell what is going to happen. He said that you can not see a sac on a sono until your HCG has reached 2000, heartbeat when your HCG had reached 20,000 and the fetus until your HCG has reached 50,000. So right now it is just to early to tell what is going to happen.

I also looked up slow rising hcg levels and it says that in 85% of women their HCG will double as normal and carry the pregnancy to term. It then said that the other 15% will be slow to respond and still carry their baby to term.

I am cramping also, and having some sharp pains on the right side every once in a while, and this started today. I am kind of thinking it has to do with me being so stressed and upset today, but at this point I just really don’t know. I pray that everything will be ok for you and your baby as well as me and mine.

Hi Shellfish. I’m also having a similar situation. I’m a little further along. DH and I went for our first u/s on 10/30 (I was 6 weeks) and the first thing the RE said when she walked into the room was that she was concerned that my #s were reading about a week behind. Then when she did the u/s she saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. She took us into her office and basically said that she thinks that this is going to end in a miscarriage. She said that we’d know for sure in the next couple of weeks if this was a ‘viable’ pregnancy. We go back again on Friday for our 2nd u/s and I :pray: that she will be able to see the baby’s heartbeat. Since the appt I’ve been a nervous wreck… I keep reading something into every twinge. I’ve had mild cramping all along, was told in the beginning that it was ‘normal’ and I was told by my RE’s nurse all along that my blood work was looking good. It did seem a bit on the low side to me, but it was doubling the way that it should be. Anyway… now I feel like I’m running to the bathroom to check for spotting with every cramp I feel. I’m really, really trying to keep postive thoughts going and I am still hoping for the best… but it is sooo hard not knowing. I don’t know how I’m going to make it to Friday. I would definitely call your doctor to see if they will at least let you come in for another beta check… that may help to ease your mind.

Good luck! :bsv:

Amanda,
I’m really sorry you are having trouble. I hope that you get good news soon.

I don’t understand why your RE is so concerned. When you had the u/s, you were only 5w6d. It is very normal not to see heartbeat then. Since your initial beta is low, you may have a late implanter. Don’t worry too much. Your betas look really great.

[quote=mgk963]Hi Shellfish. I’m also having a similar situation. I’m a little further along. DH and I went for our first u/s on 10/30 (I was 6 weeks) and the first thing the RE said when she walked into the room was that she was concerned that my #s were reading about a week behind. Then when she did the u/s she saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. She took us into her office and basically said that she thinks that this is going to end in a miscarriage. She said that we’d know for sure in the next couple of weeks if this was a ‘viable’ pregnancy. We go back again on Friday for our 2nd u/s and I :pray: that she will be able to see the baby’s heartbeat. Since the appt I’ve been a nervous wreck… I keep reading something into every twinge. I’ve had mild cramping all along, was told in the beginning that it was ‘normal’ and I was told by my RE’s nurse all along that my blood work was looking good. It did seem a bit on the low side to me, but it was doubling the way that it should be. Anyway… now I feel like I’m running to the bathroom to check for spotting with every cramp I feel. I’m really, really trying to keep postive thoughts going and I am still hoping for the best… but it is sooo hard not knowing. I don’t know how I’m going to make it to Friday. I would definitely call your doctor to see if they will at least let you come in for another beta check… that may help to ease your mind.

Good luck! :bsv:

Amanda,
I’m really sorry you are having trouble. I hope that you get good news soon.[/quote]

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I did call my RE and voice my concerns. They would not repeat a Beta stating at this point the numbers have such a large varience that it wouldn’t mean much. Instead they moved the sono up to 11/4/10.
I was so excited and thankful that as soon as he started the sono, we saw a beautiful little heartbeat with a rate of 113!!!:woohoo: I was smiling so much and my head was spinning!!! I measured right at 6 weeks, so seeing the hb was an absolutely amazing feeling. I got to hear it through the US probe as well. I am still very nervous and still cautious about getting too excited, but this is most definitely a step in the right direction!

I am praying for you all as well, that your little ones will be stickers as well! I don’t know what I would do with out you ladies to help keep me sane! God Bless you all!

:pray: :bsv: :pray: