Waiting for 1st ultrasound

I thought I’d start a thread for people who have graduated from the 2WW thread. Congratulations to all of us for our :bfp:!

We all talk about the “2-week wait” for the results of the beta, but, at least in my case, the real wait is for the first ultrasound! I got a BFP just four days after my 5-day transfer, and the confirmed beta four days after that, so that wait was not really that bad. My first ultrasound is going to be when I am one day shy of 7 weeks pregnant, three weeks after my first beta. I guess my RE makes us wait longer than others - I have read that some people get them at around 5 weeks. I guess I would rather wait than freak out because the early ultrasound is inconclusive. Anyway, time is moving soooo slowly. I can’t believe I still have more than two weeks to wait.

Can anyone tell me what we can hope to see at the first ultrasound. Is it a yolk sac, a fetal pole, and a heartbeat? I should definitely be able to see a heartbeat at 7 weeks, right?

Is anyone feeling any symptoms? My boobs have been a bit swollen since I started the progesterone, but other than that, I feel nothing.

I really can’t wait to be declared officially “clinically pregnant.” We are still very cautious about our optimism, but they say that once you see a heartbeat, the odds of losing the pregnancy are very low. I think once we reach that milestone, we will finally start to plan for the pregnacy. :cross:

Laurucha - I had my ET the same day you did on 11/7. I got my first :bfp: on HPT on 6dp5dt. My first U/S was supposed to be 12/2 but I am in Boston for a week so the earliest I can have my u/s is 12/9. I will be 7w2d. According to RE, we should be able to hear hb. I am like you that this wait is much worse than the 2WW. I just want to know everything is okay with our little bean. I really cant tell a difference in my boobs besides they are a little more sensitive and I have had only one or two waves of nausea. Besides that I havent had any symptoms either.

I am so glad you started this thread because this wait is torture.

:pray: :pray: that our little ones grow, grow, grow.

Hi ladies, I’m right there with you with having my transfer on 11/7 and the agonized wait for that first ultrasound. Laurucha, my u/s is on the same day as you! It seems like it’s forever away. I was also told we should be able to hear a heartbeat (or two). I POASed initially on 5dp5dt and I got a BFP. I didn’t have any symptoms until 5dp5dt, when I started getting queasy, but that definitely comes and goes, and is sometimes gone for days at a time (making me a bit nervous). My boobs are definitely sore, more so at night, and other than that, I had some cramping for a few days but that has completely stopped.

:cross::cross: that we all hear a strong heartbeat on our ultrasounds.

BTW, on our November FET thread, five of us transferred on Nov 7 and all 5 of us have BFPs so far. What a lucky day it was!!

So glad I checked this post out. I am on the nov FET board with Alphie. It is so reassuring to hear we are all in the same boat, with similar symptoms. I have on and off queasiness, just like Alphie. Today was the first time I have had cramping for several days. My US will be scheduled for 7 weeks, assuming my last beta on Friday looks good. I was thinking about starting a thread for nov 7 transfers because there were so many. This is perfect!

That is so funny that we all had our transfers on the exact same day! On transfer day, the nurse was noticing all these little coincidences with the numbers associated with my cycle. I didn’t pay that much attention because I am not superstitious, but she definitely though 11/7/11 seemed like a good date.

I wish I had some symptoms. I am actually thinking I might POAS to make sure I still have a nice, dark line. I wish I could keep taking beta tests so at least there is some news. Still two weeks left to wait! Ugh.

Hi Annathon! I’m so glad I found this thread too!

Laurucha, funny you mention taking more beta tests. I called my clinic yesterday to see if I could get one more since I had to get labs drawn this morning for estradiol and progesterone. They didn’t even call me back, I guess that’s a big fat no! :mad:

Oh well, glad we all have each other for this 2ww!

Hi Alphie and Annathon!!!

I cant believe that we all had our transfer the same day.

Funny you mention HPT, I had one more left today and went ahead and took it today because I wanted to see how fast the digital would come up :woohoo: .

Just some food for thought. Out of 4 clinical pregnancies prior to this, the one that resulted in a birth, DD, was the one with the fewest symptoms starting out and the most gradual of symptoms. Knowing that I should be nice and calm, right? Also, I had high betas with her. True morning sickness didn’t start off and on with DD until exactly 6 weeks. We can all just hang in there together. Think positive thoughts… Ha!:flower:

waiting for u/s…

Hi Laurucha! I remember you from the August thread. Good to see you on here again and pregnant!!:thankyou: I’m also waiting for my first ultrasound (11/28) so I’m a little ahead of you guys but I’ve been passing the time by reading one of those pregnancy books and it helps a little but I can’t wait to see the image and hear a heartbeat!!!

[quote=wearepraying4miracle]Hi Laurucha! I remember you from the August thread. Good to see you on here again and pregnant!!:thankyou: I’m also waiting for my first ultrasound (11/28) so I’m a little ahead of you guys but I’ve been passing the time by reading one of those pregnancy books and it helps a little but I can’t wait to see the image and hear a heartbeat!!![/quote]I remember you too! So nice that we are both :preg: on our second try! I am jealous that you only have 6 days left to wait.

I am not allowing myself to read pregnancy books yet. I need that ultrasound confirmation before I start planning. The disappointment was too much last time. Once things are looking more certain, I plan to go nuts checking books out of the library! Any ones you recommend?

Just wanted to Say GOOD LUCK ladies…:pray:

We’re one day closer ladies…but time is still dragging.

Why do I wish I were sick? Ughhh. Mild cramping has come back yesterday and today. Hope it’s a good sign. Not sure if I’ll be able to do my 3rd beta Friday because the labs are closed. Waiting for call back from RE office. Just some more " hurry up and wait ".

I’m right there with ya. Can I ask where is your cramping located? Is it in the center of your abdomen or to one side? I had cramping in my lower right abdomen, almost to where the crease of my leg is, but I haven’t really had that in a week. I have occasionally had some pressure in that area lately though and enough people have said it’s normal but I still fear an ectopic since the pressure is always on that side, never in the middle, never on the other side.

Any news on when you can get your third beta?

Joining the clan!

Hi guys - I was directed to this site from Alphie and it is great to be apart of this group. I second all of what you have said about the agony of waiting for the ultrasound!

My transfer was 11/11/11 and my ultrasound is scheduled for 12/6/11. If I did my math correctly that 6 weeks 2 days. It seems early, but when the nurse said that is the first time I could have it I jumped all over it. I’m a little worried I am setting myself up for disappointment, but figured to go with knowing there might not be a heartbeat and then getting a second one at 7 weeks.

As far as symptoms, I think my first one was waking up really hungry in the morning and I am not a breakfast person, so I thought that was weird. Then I would start to
eat something and it was hard to finish - that feeling has continued with each meal. The worst part of my experience was the horrible scare of bleeding at 6dp5dt which lasted on and off through 8dp5dt. I know this sounds crazy, but i knew i was pregnant at that point bcs i wouldnt have bled otherwise due to the fact that the progesterone and estrogen we are on prevent shedding of the lining. But it took my breath away and has left a cloud a over me of constsnt worry. I am thinking it was the suppositories 3x a day that caused it or im just thinking that to make me feel better. I have also had a dull lower back ache pretty much the whole time, but my OB said that was normal. I am feeling reassured by numbers 129, 395, 1142 bcs they are the highest they have ever been and have tripled each time. Something must be going on in there! I’m just praying to not see any more blood before the ultrasound bcs it might send me over the edge.

Back in bed for my afternoon rest. This is where I feel safest! I’m cheering you all on and hope everyone gets to see a healthy heartbeat!!! Wouldn’t that be amazing!

Alphie, no news yet. My cramping is in my uterus for sure, like annoying mild menstrual cramps. I had the same with DD until about 7 weeks, so it is a bit reassuring. I know the uterus tilts to the right because the colon is on the left. If it is sharp sudden stretching pain, it is round ligament pain, normal. I know you can get some referred pain from nerve impulses, and sciatica. I wouldn’t worry too much. Your betas were really high which is not normally seen in ectopic.
You sick yet? I went for a walk today and just had that tired and hungry feeling. I’ve been getting hungry a lot lately and sleeping about 10 hours at night. I just want that morning sickness feeling to start.
Tomorrow is my first day at work since our transfer. I’m an RN in the emergency room and work 12 hour shifts. I’ve been so lazy lately, I hope I can survive and not get too stressed out. Hopefully it won’t be busy.

Hi patience - did CCRM tell you to not use the applicator with Endometrin and just use your finger? They told me that b/c they were seeing a lot of cervical irritation with it. Just a thought that maybe that’s why you were having some bleeding. Fantastic third beta, congratulations!! Our ultrasounds are on the same day too. I could have done mine a few days earlier but my DH wouldn’t have been able to come. I think you’ll probably be right on the border between being able to hear the heartbeat, hopefully you will but if you think you’ll be stressed if you don’t, you might want to move your u/s out a few days.

Annathon - not sick sick, just that queasy on and off feeling. Yesterday especially, I was queasy in the morning and then as soon as I would stop eating, I would get queasy again, so I just ate, ate, ate all morning, then I had to take a nap in the afternoon. But today I’m feeling more normal (would rather have queasy for the reassurance). Good luck going back to work, that sounds like a long time to be on your feet. I’m really lucky that I work from home and can laze around a lot. I did go for a walk today too and it was my first longer walk on a lot of hills. I was worried I overdid it some b/c I was huffing and puffing a little bit. Not sure if that’s a bad thing at this point?

I have been using the applicator, but i think I will stop now that you said that. This may sound crazy, but I was concerned about getting it high enough up there so it could be absorbed properly, but I’ll give it a try without. (I never thought i would be speaking publicly about suppositories, but this is what my life has come to be :slight_smile:

I have never been lazier in my life - I basically do a few errands a day and then take it easy on the couch or in bed. I left my full time job one year ago because of the stress of ivf with doctor appt.'s etc and started a small business from home to keep me a little busy.

Annathon - i hope tomorrow is a slow day for you too and try to take it easy and if possible have other RN’s do most of the work!

[quote=patience101]I have been using the applicator, but i think I will stop now that you said that. This may sound crazy, but I was concerned about getting it high enough up there so it could be absorbed properly, but I’ll give it a try without. (I never thought i would be speaking publicly about suppositories, but this is what my life has come to be :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Hey, that’s what these boards are for!!! I’ve just been using my finger and I feel like I don’t get it very high at all but my levels have all been between 14 and 18. Those applicators seem very long.

Ahhh yes, I finally put a ticker in my signature. I sure hope everything turns out okay because now I’ve done the TICKER.

Patience, I love your screen name.

So where is everyone located? I’m in Reno, NV. For those who don’t know, it is far from Vegas and in the mountains of the east sierras. Most people think Reno is right next to Vegas, but it is a 7 hour drive south of us.