Waking up in Tears

Good Afternoon all…today has started off as not such a good day. I woke up this morning in tears and can’t stop crying. I have been told by my RE on Dec 2 that I only have unitl Dec 6 to menstruate or my IVF cycle will be cancelled! The office will be closed to egg retrievals after Dec 16th. Therefore, leaving Monday as my only chance. My employer as decided to drop IVF coverage as of 01/01/11, so you can sense my frustration. This month is my only chance of atleast trying to concieve. My husband and I can not afford to pay for IVf nor afford to finance it. I am so angry and hurt with my employer. Might I add that I work for a major health system in Philadelphia. How could they do that to us! I am sure that I am not the only employee who is going through this. My nerves are a complete mess, I am afraid that depression has set in. I havn’t done anything all weekend except for lye on the sofa and sulking. I burst into tears at any giving time during the day at the thought of this possibility being taken away from me. The countdown is to the wire at this point. My chance will be gone if I do not menstruate by tomorrow. I am in high panic mode at this point. I know that stress is not good for this situation but how can I not stress. The only good news is that I have a plan B. I will see RSI of Suburban Philadelphia tomorrow for my initial consultation. They have assured me that there lab will be open until the end of the year. Thank goodness they are willing to take me at such short notice. The nurse reassured me that if they needed to come in on Xmas day for an egg retrieval, then it will be done. My RE was confident that I would menstruate by this weekend, and so far NOTHING. I hope and pray that it will all work out in the end, but for now I have been reduced to nothing but a puddle of tears.

I am really sorry you are going through this and I am sure your anxiety is pretty high because of all that is going on. You also know that stress can lead to your cycle being late, so as much as I am sure you know this already, please try and relax as much as possible so maybe you will have your period by tomorrow. Being that you do have a plan B in affect then your chances are pretty good. Trying to stay positive as much as possible is the best thing you can do for your body. You allow your mind to believe that your body will start on time and you will be able to do at least 1 IVF procedure before the end of the year. Positive thinking is a very powerful thing. It affects the rest of our bodies to respond in a positive way. Take a deep breath, and blow it out and just try to relax.

I myself notice that when me and DH have intercourse close to AF that it usually makes me start my period…so hey it’s worth a shot if you want to try that!

I wish you the best of luck and am sending you lots of positive vibes. Keep us posted of how things are going. :pray: for you as well.

[QUOTE=miraclemommy]Good Afternoon all…today has started off as not such a good day. I woke up this morning in tears and can’t stop crying. I have been told by my RE on Dec 2 that I only have unitl Dec 6 to menstruate or my IVF cycle will be cancelled! The office will be closed to egg retrievals after Dec 16th. Therefore, leaving Monday as my only chance. My employer as decided to drop IVF coverage as of 01/01/11, so you can sense my frustration. This month is my only chance of atleast trying to concieve. My husband and I can not afford to pay for IVf nor afford to finance it. I am so angry and hurt with my employer. Might I add that I work for a major health system in Philadelphia. How could they do that to us! I am sure that I am not the only employee who is going through this. My nerves are a complete mess, I am afraid that depression has set in. I havn’t done anything all weekend except for lye on the sofa and sulking. I burst into tears at any giving time during the day at the thought of this possibility being taken away from me. The countdown is to the wire at this point. My chance will be gone if I do not menstruate by tomorrow. I am in high panic mode at this point. I know that stress is not good for this situation but how can I not stress. The only good news is that I have a plan B. I will see RSI of Suburban Philadelphia tomorrow for my initial consultation. They have assured me that there lab will be open until the end of the year. Thank goodness they are willing to take me at such short notice. The nurse reassured me that if they needed to come in on Xmas day for an egg retrieval, then it will be done. My RE was confident that I would menstruate by this weekend, and so far NOTHING. I hope and pray that it will all work out in the end, but for now I have been reduced to nothing but a puddle of tears.[/QUOTE]

Oh I am so sorry to hear of the time crunch! DH and I had to postpone our IVF until March because of the clinics closing around the holidays (I did my IUIs/IVF at Penn Fertility -37th and Market) and when we finally were able to get everything in order they told me if I didn’t get AF within a set period of time we too would have to cancel. The only difference for us was the IVF was never covered by our insurance so it was just annoying having to wait rather than having to wait plus losing coverage.

Glad to hear you have a plan B in place, though I hope it doesn’t come to that! Best of luck, and :pray: AF shows a.s.a.p!

Miraclemommy- Im sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing…especially when time is so critical to fitting this in before the new year! If you can get your hands on some Prometrium tablets( progesterone) it will help you get your period tomorrow if you feel that you are very close.
Good luck to you…try to stay calm…it will work out somehow.
Kate

Oh wow, I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. IVF timing is stressful enough as it is without having it compounded by insurance and your clinic closing.

Stress will absolutely keep AF at bay. It’s happened to me a couple times.

Do you practice any yoga? There are a couple of positions that might help bring on your period.

Try the butterfly - sitting with the soles of your feet together and knees open to the sides. Breathing deeply. Try the same position laying down on your back, feet together knees out to the side. Support your knees if you need to with pillows. Breath nice and deeply into your lower belly.

Also laying on your back, you can try the happy baby pose - bend both knees towards your armpits and hold on to the outside of your feet and rock from side to side like a baby.

Doing hoola-hoop/ hula dance motions while standing can help too.

Also, rolling up a towel into a tootsie roll cylinder and laying down on top of it, on your stomach with it under your lower belly, crosswise from hip to hip, to provide some gentle pressure on your uterus. Don’t force it but just try to breath deep and relax into it. Obviously if it hurts don’t do it, but most people find it comfortable sort of pressure. Adjust how thick you rolled the towel till it feels right.

Above all, deep fully body, full belly breathing can help. Try putting your hands on your tummy and breathing into them to fill them out. Imagine a baby there!

At the very least maybe some of these might at least help reduce stress and give you something to do while you wait. If you have a friend who teaches or practices yoga, call them up and see if they can’t talk you through it.

Good luck! Finger’s crossed for you to start that mean old :af: tomorrow!!!

Update

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well today was a little stressful. No AF this morning :grr: [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Had my inital consult with prospective new RE and was told that he would accept me as a patient. I have to return Thursday for a complete physical. I was sure that I would have a transvaginal ultrasound done today but the nurse says not until Thursday. I also spoke to my insurance company this morning who clarrified some insurance jargon for me. Prospective RE is out of network, insurance will cover 70% after a $1000 deductible…yikes! Also will be me the balance of any services that will not be paid in full. The nice service rep took me step by step online to a list of par providers that are covered at 80% after a $350 deductible with no billed balance. I called and scheduled a “Plan C” with Abington Reproductive Institute on Wednesday. Can anyone say “Determined” LOL. Spoke to the office manager at my RE’s office today, who is not being very helpfull! Despite the 7-10 business days of processing to send medical records. I requested that my records be copied for me to pick up and take to my new RE, as my cycle was being cancelled at their clinic. She says she will come in early tomorrow to copy my records for me after explaining a million times that I am being rushed through a cycle, that my cycle had been cancelled at her clinic, and that my new RE will not proceed without them. I also had to reiterate that my perios is due any day now and I might miss my chance If I don’t have those records. Feeling so much frustration, I paged my RE later on this evening to update him on the dissapointing news and to see what he could do about my records. Good news Ladies, he said, he is the boss and the only one with the authority to cancell my cycle. He wants me to come in at 8am, if I get my period. And to call him ASAP in the morning if I do not. Maybe there is hope after all :pray: [/FONT]

Update #2

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]RE had me come in today for some blood work and ultrasound, recieved a call from the nurse stating that the labs do not indicate when I will be starting my period. They cancelled my IVF cycle because the last day to start stim was yesterday. Ugghh…I just don’t get it. I mean, I gave the RE the date of my last menstrual period and he calculated my start date incorrectly. It wasn’t hard to calculate, every 28-30 days. I can’t imagine how he came up with a date that was 2 days earlier. I am a little upset but I have moved on to “Plan B”. Plan B RE called me today and said that all my labs were fine and I should be expecting my period in another two days. They started me on 10 units of Lupron daily even though I have not yet started my menstrual cycle. Is this normal? I heard that that the normal doseage was 20 units per day. Plan A RE was going to have me on a micro dose, which was 20 units twice daily. I guess the best thing to do is to follow what Plan B RE says. I have my initial consult with Plan C RE tomorrow. I will keep you posted on what the outcome is. I must admit, I am a little down and would have been completely devestated if I did not have two back up plans. I will continue to keep hope alive :pray: [/B][/FONT]