Want opinions about ccrm

Is it true that ccrm push women aver 35 to get egg donor?
TTC 4 years
5 iUI failed 2Clomid and 3 Femara
1 IVF failed last August I did get pregnant ended up chemical pregnancy.
Wondering to go to ccrm but some Dr told me their success rate is because They push to donor egg.
Can someone help me or give some inside about ccrm, please? I don’t know what else to go?

I am not a patient there so I can’t really say, but the SART data is reported in 2 separate categories for patient’s own eggs and those who used donor egg. If I’m reading this link right, they actually have a higher success (in under age 35 for own eggs than donor eggs).

https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_PublicMultYear.aspx?ClinicPKID=1902

From the limited reading I have done I would suggest that part of the reason for their success is that they have a very good lab, they encourage PGD on embryos, and require extensive testing on patients prior to cycling (even if you have had tests done elsewhere.) I also think to an extent that because many patients go there after failing elsewhere that they now have the benefit of learning from patient’s history and have a better idea of what might work for them than if they had cycled there initially.

Another thing to consider when choosing a clinic is what they are good at treating. I think CCRM has earned their reputation based on treating DOR. According to this site they are ranked #9 in the nation: Best IVF Clinics In United States For Women Under 35

You should check out the CCRM board and the SART rates for original eggs, especially for over 35 age groups. If you look at the success rates and # of cycles, it doesn’t make sense how your doctor can say those #s due to pushing DE. I am a current CCRM patient. It is untrue that CCRM’s success rate is because they push donor eggs. CCRM sees many patients who have failed elsewhere. They might recommend donor eggs for a faster path to baby, but they will be give your eggs a try if it’s medically feasible and you choose to do so. They treat many DOR patients and patients over 40.

Good luck.

[quote=momtobe37]Is it true that ccrm push women aver 35 to get egg donor?
TTC 4 years
5 iUI failed 2Clomid and 3 Femara
1 IVF failed last August I did get pregnant ended up chemical pregnancy.
Wondering to go to ccrm but some Dr told me their success rate is because They push to donor egg.
Can someone help me or give some inside about ccrm, please? I don’t know what else to go?[/quote]

I am a current patient at CCRM. My doctor has not once mentioned using donor eggs. Good luck to you!

I turned 40 in May and there was never a single mention of donor eggs. The reason they have such great success numbers is due to Complete Chromosomal Screening of CCS. They only transfer normal embryos as determined by CCS. Only 2 labs in the country do this procedure currently.

I was recently treated at CCRM. I am 36. My FSH is 32. They cycled me twice with this high of an FSH. Many, many people would have turned me away. So, in my experience, they treat the most difficult cases. They also treated me when I was younger when I was told to consider donor eggs by other clinics. Now, they did tell me my chances would be better with donor eggs (b/c really aren’t almost anyones going through infertility treatments), but they did not push me to do this or refuse to cycle me.

I have heard in the past that CCRM used to cherry-pick their patients. But, in my experience, this has not been true. It makes me wonder if (1) they used to do this more and just don’t do it know; or (2) if it depends on the doctor you use there (I used Surrey); or (3) if this is just incorrect.

CCRM I believe is the best IVF clinic around. I think they have an excellent lab and this is the reason. They treat the hardest cases and people from all over the world. They treat very difficult cases and still maintain their excellent success rates.