Weird period after FET chemical pregnancy

Hello,
I am looking for some help. I had a IVF cycle in September 2012–I lost our baby at 11 weeks, followed by a D&E. I had a medicated FET cycle in February 2013–it was a chemical pregnancy. My beta quickly fell to zero by 5 weeks, followed by AF.
I want to do a natural cycle FET, and my period always used to be super regular (every 29 days.) However, I didn’t ovulate until 28 days after my miscarriage. Now, on the next cycle, I still haven’t ovulated (and it is day 22.) Obviously, my body isn’t back to normal yet. I had begun the process of natural FET this month, but when I didn’t ovulate on time, it was cancelled.
How long did it take your body to get back to normal after medicated FET, either failed or chemical?
Thanks!

I see no replies! I guess I am as messed up as I thought!

I think there is just less traffic in this area of the boards. I also just had a chemical after a fresh IVF cycle, but am only on day 12 of my cycle, so I don’t have much to offer yet in terms of information about the timing of ovulation and AF.

I do know that it took FOREVER to get a period after my ectopic (in my previous IVF cycle). Bled for basically the entire month of December, ending the first week of January - but didn’t get a period again until March. Not sure that I ever did ovulate, even.

My RE offered to let me cycle immediately, and I almost took him up on it, given my previous experience and my age – but I got very sick from the BCP this time (that’s never happened before) and so stopped those after 2 days and decided to wait until I get another period before trying again. My body just didn’t feel ready, even though I’m really anxious to move forward. I’m just hoping that my next period comes within a reasonable time – and if it doesn’t show by day 30 I plan to ask my RE to give me something to induce one.

Hope that things move forward for you soon – I know how frustrating it is to have to wait when you really just want to move on.

[QUOTE=drmama]Hello,
I am looking for some help. I had a IVF cycle in September 2012–I lost our baby at 11 weeks, followed by a D&E. I had a medicated FET cycle in February 2013–it was a chemical pregnancy. My beta quickly fell to zero by 5 weeks, followed by AF.
I want to do a natural cycle FET, and my period always used to be super regular (every 29 days.) However, I didn’t ovulate until 28 days after my miscarriage. Now, on the next cycle, I still haven’t ovulated (and it is day 22.) Obviously, my body isn’t back to normal yet. I had begun the process of natural FET this month, but when I didn’t ovulate on time, it was cancelled.
How long did it take your body to get back to normal after medicated FET, either failed or chemical?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sorry for your loss. I am 4 months post loss. I also used to be very regular. After my loss my next 2 cycles were almost regular, but since then they have been super messed up. I had a short cycle with about 10 days of bleeding last cycle and this current cycle was also short and I am on day 19 of bleeding. I think my body is still trying to sort itself out. My Re wasn’t too concerned initially and attributed it to stress. But I am going to call him back again in another couple of days and see if he has a different opinion (I was only bleeding 11 days when I last talked to him)

That being said I have always bounced back very quickly to regular cycles after all my other losses (once HCG hit 0). This one has been the only abnormal one.

I hope your cycles normalize soon.:grouphug: