What does embryo do before implantation?

I had an embryo transfer 5 days after fertilisation (ivf) but apparently embryos don’t implant until day 5-10. I’m wondering where it goes and what it does before it implants. I’m sure it’s not just wandering around in there. Maybe it just sits on the wall until it’s ready to start burrowing. Does anyone know?

[QUOTE=Jzf2399]I had an embryo transfer 5 days after fertilisation (ivf) but apparently embryos don’t implant until day 5-10. I’m wondering where it goes and what it does before it implants. I’m sure it’s not just wandering around in there. Maybe it just sits on the wall until it’s ready to start burrowing. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Here is the link to a chat online. good luck.
What Happens After an Embryo Transfer? | NYU Fertility Center

Do you mean naturally or in the lab? It takes the fertilized egg 4-5 days to make its way to the uterus. It should be a blastocyst by the time it gets to the uterus so that it can start to implant.

We don’t know.

The embryos are placed in the uterus, but sometimes implant elsewhere, like in the tubes or on an ovary.

They cannot start to implant until after hatching, around day 6 or 7 of development. Until then, there is no attachment at all.