What Should I Be Eating?

Hello everyone, please see my signature… I just want to know if anyone has diet plans, websites, food list to avoid or food list that may be healthy…

i am 5’1 and 140 so i need to have a healthy 9 months…

any feed back would help…

seems i am very hungry lately…

I don’t have any advice to give you as far as diet goes…BUT CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP…that’s freaking awesome!!!

THANKS SWEETHEART… :grouphug: :grouphug:

ANY IDEA WHAT ROAD UR TAKING NEXT?

eat healthy - lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean protein.

avoid - lunchmeat (unless you microwave it first), any unpasteurized dairy(many soft cheeses like camembert and brie), sushi, raw meat.

Oh, and don’t buy into the whole ‘eating for two’ You only need about 200-400 extra calories a day.

[quote=maryevelyn]eat healthy - lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean protein.

avoid - lunchmeat (unless you microwave it first), any unpasteurized dairy(many soft cheeses like camembert and brie), sushi, raw meat.

Oh, and don’t buy into the whole ‘eating for two’ You only need about 200-400 extra calories a day.[/quote]

my go to girl… ur amazing… =) xoxoxoxox thanks a mil =)

My last RE said the next logical step for us would be IVF with ICSI but when I go to the new RE on Tuesday I do want to discuss the letrozole with him. It’s less invasive and less expensive and I had no side effects which is always nice. I’m just afraid of another ectopic pregnancy. I got lucky the first time and was able to save my tube, I just don’t want to play Russian Roulette with my body! I am 35 so time is of the essence. Idk, I’ll see what the doctor says.

I ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND HAVING 2 ECTOPICS AND NO TUBES MYSELF, BEST OF LUCK TO U AND KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE NEW RE GOES… :cross: :cross: :pray:

I was 218 and 5’9 when I got my bfp. And I agree with PP u don’t have to eat for 2 my OB told me I really didn’t need to gain any weight and in fact lost 10lbs by the end just an over all healthy diet limit sugar caffeine and watch portion size you’ll probably need to eat more often but not much more as far as quantity smaller more frequent meals also helps with morning sickness for Many people. I also didn’t weight until 26 to get ur glucose test I was instructed bc I have PCOS to go in at 20 weeks I of course failed and so I modified my eating habits much sooner and gained less weight bc of it congrats on your BFP I pray for a happy healthy 9 months for u !

First, congrats on your BFP! :clap: Other than the advice you got about the lunchmeat, sushi, etc, I’d say just eat what you can. I also don’t get hungry during my first trimester - this has happened both time. In fact, I’ve actually lost about 10 lb since my ER, and I’m 5’7 and started at 168 lb. I’m not trying to lose, just don’t have any appetite. Obviously, try to stay away from the fast food and junk foods. I’ve been trying to eat whatever sounds good that is relatively healthy. Granols bars, snacking on pretzels, lots of cereal and oatmeal (also good for the constipation :flower: ), nuts, grilled cheese. I also bought Carnation Breakfast Essentials (sort of a cheaper Boost or Ensure) and make myself a glass of that when I really just can’t bring myself to eat a meal. And of course make sure you’re taking your prenatal vitamin! Once the first trimester is over, you’ll probably feel like eating again, but honestly, I lost all my taste for sweets and junk food through my entire first pregnancy, even for the first few months after. If you’re keeping yourself hydrated and getting some good calories, your little peanut will get all he/she needs!

Congrats again!
Heather