What should I expect?

Hi. I’m glad to have found a site as supportive as this to deal with the difficult issue of infertility. My husband and I have actively been trying to conceive for 6 mos. but I’ve been off birth control for almost two years. For years I had lower abdiminal pain and irregular periods, and after a laporoscopy was told I was normal with just a tiny bit of scar tissue that was removed. I recently saw an RE because I had a 19 and 35 day cycle consecutively. I was then told my laparoscopy from a year prior showed I had endometriosis even though initially I was told I didn’t have it. I did all of my blood tests and my husband did his SA. I emailed my RE about taking a day 21 Progesterone test and he said I didn’t need it because my blood results show me to be anovulatory. I have to wait three weeks to even go into discuss my options, and I’ve been crying and feel so ashamed of my body. I repeatedly dream that my husband is going to leave me for someone who can give him kids even though he assures me he loves me. I just can’t imagine life without my own biological children. I was hoping there is someone out there who can tell me what kind of treatments I might expect.

[QUOTE=seeker414]Hi. I’m glad to have found a site as supportive as this to deal with the difficult issue of infertility. My husband and I have actively been trying to conceive for 6 mos. but I’ve been off birth control for almost two years. For years I had lower abdiminal pain and irregular periods, and after a laporoscopy was told I was normal with just a tiny bit of scar tissue that was removed. I recently saw an RE because I had a 19 and 35 day cycle consecutively. I was then told my laparoscopy from a year prior showed I had endometriosis even though initially I was told I didn’t have it. I did all of my blood tests and my husband did his SA. I emailed my RE about taking a day 21 Progesterone test and he said I didn’t need it because my blood results show me to be anovulatory. I have to wait three weeks to even go into discuss my options, and I’ve been crying and feel so ashamed of my body. I repeatedly dream that my husband is going to leave me for someone who can give him kids even though he assures me he loves me. I just can’t imagine life without my own biological children. I was hoping there is someone out there who can tell me what kind of treatments I might expect.[/QUOTE]

Hi seeker414!
Welcome to the boards! You will find lots of support here. Remember fertility has now become a Science which is always revolving with research! This is the beginning for you as a couple. Since fertility is a science every woman is different with their issues and it all takes time. Years ago endometriosis was a medical condition that needed more research to get the vast information which we know today. Your RE should be able to get you in the right direction. I must say, the key is to really like your RE and be able to trust him or her. If you are not confident in your RE than maybe you should research others in your area.

Just remember just because you have endometriosis does not mean you can not have a baby. Science and intelligent doctors are wonderful tools in our family making adventure. I will say that reading these boards everynight helped me stay calm and educated. You will find that we all like to help each other in passing on our experiences. Do not be affraid to ask questions! This site is a great group of people at which will help you endure your fertility journey! Best of luck and baby dust headed your way! :flower:

I had endometriosos BAD! It spread to other organs and I was in pain constantly. I had it removed in 2010 and a few months later it was back and almost as bad. I never received “treatment” for it since there’s really no “cure” However, as bad as it was, I was able to get pregnant in 2012. Now, my endometriosis is completely gone. Pregnancy is really the only “cure” and my periods are all regular and pain-free now. I want to give you hope that you can get pregnant with endometriosis, even when you have it bad. I didn’t ovulate either and through clomid and other meds I was able to. I know this is a rough time but your doctor will help you get through it and there is hope. Stay positive as best as you can!

Thank you

Thank you so much for your responses!