[quote=baby4me2]I am at my wits end with trying to figure out what potions and lotions and vitamins to use that are going to increase fertility. I’m going on 41 here! and feeling like I tried it all.
P.S some products are not available in Canada. So if someone can recommend something I can get here that would be doubly awesomeness.[/quote]
I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading and have incorporated the following:
- Royal Jelly (I am using the pills as the actual Jelly makes me nasueous from the smell. I got them at the Whole Foods)
- Fertility Yoga (CD)
- Fertility Accupuncture (I had to stop I don’t have any more money for it at $80 a session two sessions per week. I went for three months!!)
- Fertility Meditation CDs downloaded from Circle bloom
- Alcohol: alcohol can reduce your fertility levels by up to 50%. It can also decrease your partners sperm count and increase the production of abnormal sperm.
- Caffeine: caffeine, found in coffee, teas, cola, and chocolate, has been shown to reduce both male and female fertility levels. As little as one cup of coffee a day can cut your chances of conception in half!!!
- Xenoestrogens: xenoestrogens are estrogens found in environmental chemicals and pesticides. Produce and other foods can have high levels of xenoestrogens, which, if ingested, may disturb your balance of hormones. Imbalaced hormones are often the cause of fertility issues. So wear rubber gloves and make sure rooms are vented with fresh air if you are cleaning anything.
- I take a multi vitamin, and another 800mg of folic acid (be sure to add the folic acid to decrease birth defects!)
- You have to exercise. The idea is to increase blood flow easpecially to the ovaries. Sex is good for this too
Here is the stuff I am trying to do but proving to be wicked difficult …
- No milk products (Milk is loaded with hormones!)
- No sugar
- Low sodium
It makes sense right? But lordy is it tough to kick a sugar addiction :woohoo:
Earlier today I read this:
• Chasteberry: This herb works to increase fertility by stimulating the pituitary gland. This is the gland responsible for producing sex hormones like estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. Chasteberry should help fertility by balancing the sex hormones.
• Dong Quai: Dong Quai is a Chinese fertility herb, long-used to solve menstrual difficulties. It also helps to balance estrogen levels in the body and improve chances of implantation.
I don’t know if it’s true but worth looking into.
I’m also reading the “Fertility Diet”. In this book and just about everything I’ve read says it takes 3 months for all the changes to impact your eggs and fertility. I know all of us over 40 feel like there is no time left but if you can make these changes today you’ll be one step closer.
Everytime I think about a soda or crap food I ask myself which is more import. The taste of chocolate or feeling my baby snuggling in my arms … pretty simple choice for me!
Good luck and please keep us posted.