What was your progesterone level?

I had my cycle day 23 progesterone check yesterday. Which was also 7-8dpo. The nurse called and said it was perfect. 18.5! I was just wondering if this is any indicator that “maybe” we had a successful month! I found a chart online that said if pregnant, the avg prog level at 4wks is 20 :slight_smile: However, I know that may not old true. So, Im just asking for compassin purposes.

Hi md- good question! I don’t have much of an answer other then with my last cycle which was :bfn: my progesterone was only like an 8! I am interested in seeing some responses!

Everyone will say that progestrone levels are not an indicator of a successful cycle but in my personal expereience by BFN cycles had low p4 and my BFP cycles had high p4. Something is telling your body to make that extra p4! Good Luck!

Sorry to say that progesterone levels are not an indicator of pregnancy. They are a good sign, though, that your body is producing enough progesterone to allow a fertilized egg to implant in your womb. My progesterone level last cycle was 56, but I still got a :bfn: . The nurse said it’s a great sign of ovulation, but they’ve seen women with these high numbers not be pregnant. So only time will tell. I hope you have a different outcome than I did. Best of luck!

I have to chime in here. I have had my progesterone tested several times. The first one was the cycle before my 1st IUI and it was a 7.3. IUI cycle #1 it was 6-something & BFN, IUI cycle #2 it was 17.1 & BFN, IUI cycle #3 it was 5.1 & BFP. I’m currently on IUI cycle #4 and my RE has me on progesterone supplements as a just in case because I can get pregnant with low progesterone. She wants to give me some insurance that when I get the next BFP I will have a fighting chance. Also, when I got the BFP she wrote me a RX for 3 months worth covering the 1st trimester. I was 4 wks pregnant when I was RX progesterone and she told me I would need to take it for 12 weeks.

I’m sure I offered more than asked but just trying to give others some insight.

Just out of curiosity… have your doctors talked to you at all about the nutritional things you can do to help your progesterone levels? I’ve had success with my hormone levels with nutrition modifications alone, what all have you tried?

My doctor and I haven’t talked about it but from my research online I have added walnuts 2 ozs/day and red meat to my diet at least 2xs/week. Weight loss and exercise can help but I’m refusing to do any true exercise until I find out if I preggors or not. I’m nervous about it since I had a m/c so I’m waiting that part out.

Ooh, walnuts are good for vitamin E I think and red meat helps with iron.
The book I swear by: “Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition” by Marilyn M. Shannon. Covers cycle problems, nutrition for infertility, pregnancy, PMS, miscarriage/repeated miscarriage, all kinds of stuff… it would be worth your time :slight_smile: I got it on amazon.com, I think it’s about $13.

Thanks ladies for sharing your input. I “know” that medically, progesterone levels do not predict pregnancy success. I was just kindof doing my own research. I have nothing else to do but think of pregnancy stuff…ha :slight_smile:

Since you are just having fun gathering info…mine was a 12 when I was pregnant…I’m pretty sure I didn’t implant until later that day since I had spotting that night so I definitely don’t think the number has anything to do with it being a BFP, but it was definitely a strong indicator of ovulation.

[QUOTE=md08]I had my cycle day 23 progesterone check yesterday. Which was also 7-8dpo. The nurse called and said it was perfect. 18.5! I was just wondering if this is any indicator that “maybe” we had a successful month! I found a chart online that said if pregnant, the avg prog level at 4wks is 20 :slight_smile: However, I know that may not old true. So, Im just asking for compassin purposes.[/QUOTE]

HI MDO8 :slight_smile:

I actually went in on mon to do blood work on my prog levels ( which was also 18.5!!) before i start my first round of provera then clomid my nurse said that it was a great thing that i ovulated on my own… So i’ve been feeling weird lately… I though all my symptoms were due to my new thyroid med i started. she said my symptoms ( feels like af is coming but its alot diff than usual) doesnt sound like it fits my meds. so she said it very possible that i can be pregnant. this would be my first pregnancy that i know of, i’m kinda freakin out cuz i dont wanna give my hopes up… She also said she would want me to come in next wed for a beta test just to check… SO I’ll let you know how it all works out… Ill be :pray: for the all of us that we will all be :preg: for an early christmas gift :cross: :bsv: :bsv: & :babydust: baby dust to all :babydust: