When do you show (normally)

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering when I’ll start to get a little pouch? Not a big belly, but when will I look like my lower abdomen will start to poke out? Again, I’m only 5wks6d and I’m kind of worried that I don’t feel anything yet, no symptoms, but I also don’t feel any kind of tightening or twinges. Has this happened to anyone else? My abdomen is flat, and when I lie down it’s even flatter. I would think that if I lied down I might be able to see or feel a tiny little bubble or something. The weird thing is, is that I’ve been searching online at belly pics (at week 5 and 6), and I can actually see some women who have little pouches already (below the belly button). Is this normal that I have absolutely no lumps or any feelings?

EVERY woman is different. Alot of what you are seeing in those “pooches” from people that are 5-6 weeks is bloating. Right now your baby is basically the size of a poppy seed.

Don’t worry, you will start showing in your own time. Pretty soon you will be wishing you had that flat stomach again :).

And as for no symptoms, I had absolutely none until about 10 weeks. And even then I was just tired and my boobs were sore. EVERY PERSON IS DIFFERENT. I’m not going ot tell you not to worry because you will anyways :slight_smile: Just try and enjoy the fact that you are PREGNANT!!! :slight_smile:

I didn’t have a bump until 20 weeks, and there were even some people who didnt realize I was preggo when I was 7 months along…I never got huge, but it was fairly obvious!

[quote=google_eyes]Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering when I’ll start to get a little pouch? Not a big belly, but when will I look like my lower abdomen will start to poke out? Again, I’m only 5wks6d and I’m kind of worried that I don’t feel anything yet, no symptoms, but I also don’t feel any kind of tightening or twinges. Has this happened to anyone else? My abdomen is flat, and when I lie down it’s even flatter. I would think that if I lied down I might be able to see or feel a tiny little bubble or something. The weird thing is, is that I’ve been searching online at belly pics (at week 5 and 6), and I can actually see some women who have little pouches already (below the belly button). Is this normal that I have absolutely no lumps or any feelings?[/quote]

I agree that probably what you are seeing from the pics you are looking at is most likely bloating. I didn’t get a “bump” with my daughter until I was around 15 weeks, and people couldn’t really tell I was pregnant until I was closer to 22 weeks! Everyone is different… try not to worry (I know, easier said than done!) :flower:

I started showing @ 7weeks but this is my 2nd pregnancy. So I started showing a lot earlier this time around plus felt my LO moving earlier too. I was never bloated. How I know I wasn’t bloated was I asked my nurse when I seen my Ob an they said nope I was already started to show. Lots of my church friends an others people notice I was showing a lot sooner. I just started showing earlier. People that is expecting their 2nd or 3rd child will show a lot earlier.

Good Luck to you hun an LO.

I didn’t think I looked obviously pregnant until 16 weeks (as opposed to just looking like I was putting on weight). I went to an event with my sister and some of her friends and none of them knew me and none asked or guessed I was pregnant at 14 weeks. At 20 weeks when our director announced my pregnancy at work, I had someone tell me they were wondering but not sure.

Aside from when you’ll start showing obviously to other people, you will probably start noticing some differences yourself around 8 weeks. My sister is just now 12 weeks pregnant and she noticed her abdomen getting firmer and more of a pooch around 8 weeks. She was a thin person before pregnancy (still is), but I also saw a notable difference between her 8 week pooch and her 11 week pooch last week. Everyone’s different, but you might notice more of a weird double roll thing going early on. Unfortunately, it kind of just looks more like you’re putting on weight at first than looking pregnant. If you’re lucky, maybe you’ll skip that awkward step and just look pregnant :cross:

Congratulations!!

At about 16 weeks I started looking like I was putting on weight. At 17 and a half weeks all of a sudden I had a bump. It literally happened overnight. Friday I wore regular jeans to work. Saturday I went to get dressed and the jeans didn’t fit–I had to put on maternity pants. I think a lot of it depends on your size to start.