When exactly is enough enough?

Hi, I’ve never really sought much help online, but right now I’ve hit a really difficult decision. I don’t like talking about this with others, but I found the site last night while I couldn’t sleep and figured why not?

My husband and I have tried for years to have a baby, and have only had five miscarriages, none of which have been explained. I’ve just had my 29th birthday, I don’t know if that has anything to do with it, and I find myself wanting to try again. But I also keep telling myself “Enough’s enough. I don’t think I can deal with this anymore.” I don’t know which “side” to listen to, and it’s making me pretty miserable right now. I know it’s probably different for all women, but is there actually that breaking point?

Yet one more test post.

Awesome post.

Hugs I couldn’t let your post go unanswered. Of course, the answer is that it depends. Each woman has their own breaking point when “enough is enough.” I have a friend who after 2 miscarriages (chemical pregnancies) said enough and got on the pill and stayed there. It was too hard on her. I’ve come to the place where an early loss is more like getting my period. You know the months when you’re trying and you get your period right on time. You’re a little disappointed, but you’ll try again next month. That’s what the early losses are to me now. I basically expect them. The later losses are hard, but the early losses, meh.

So, it depends on how you feel. It’s ok, to give yourself permission to not get emotionally attached before some set date. I think in the future, I won’t even consider myself pregnant until about 24 weeks and the age of viability.

I think there are so many reasons behind the miscarriage problems. I have seen many couples who is facing this problems they want do to enough. They adopt the another options for the fertility problems.