When is one transferred from RE back to OB care?

Does any one know once you become pregnant when your care is transferred back to your normal OB doc? I think I heard after the first U/S?

Depends on the RE really. I’ve seen it happen after the 1st u/s and i’ve seen RE’s hold onto people until 8-12 weeks before letting them go to an OB.

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]My RE states 12 weeks. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][/FONT]

My last RE visit was at 7wks for the u/s. However, my OB clinic didn’t want to see me until 10wks so there was a 3 wk gap I wasn’t happy about since I have diabetes, asthma, and hypothyroidism and had just moved to the area so didn’t have my Docs set up yet or refills on my meds. My RE and OB care is at a military facility so they don’t like to do anything off their standard protocol, but I demanded they see me earlier in the OB clinic so that my other conditions that could complicate the pregnancy could be monitored and they got me in at 8wks instead.

I think for the most part you really don’t need to be seen during that 3wks, but it is nice to know what to expect and to have someone to call with your questions and concerns. Especially since we work so hard to finally get pregnant!

Thanks for the responses! I’ll ask when I see my RE again. I just want to book because some times their schedule is full any way!

My RE releases me at 9 weeks after passing a 9 week U/S. This is also when i get to stop my progesterone.

I already called my OB and made an initial appointment in case they were super backed up. OB said they would see me “before 12 weeks”. I ended up getting in at 9 weeks, right after my last RE appointment.

p.s. Do you want to join us on the Due date thread? The title is “December” but any gals are welcome!

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/iui-due-date-buddies/2020214730-december-due-date-buddies-7.html#post1108553242

[QUOTE=NurseNancy]My RE releases me at 9 weeks after passing a 9 week U/S. This is also when i get to stop my progesterone.

I already called my OB and made an initial appointment in case they were super backed up. OB said they would see me “before 12 weeks”. I ended up getting in at 9 weeks, right after my last RE appointment.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the Twins Nurse! Ill visit the thread later. So tired right now lol. I started in th Jan thread e other day