When is right time to undergo IVF Treatment?


When is right time to undergo IVF Treatment ?


In following conditions, doctor recommend you to go for IVF treatment:

  1. When you have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes.
  2. Premature ovarian egg problem. In this problem woman at the younger age start producing poor quality eggs and in lower quantity.
  3. Endometriosis
  4. Ovarian cyst problem.
    You can go for this treatment at any time when you feel comfortable and your doctor suggest you.


If you’re having problems getting pregnant, see your GP. They will look at your medical history and give you a physical examination.
They may also recommend some lifestyle changes to help fertility.
Unless there are reasons that may put you at high risk of infertility[/URL], such as cancer treatment, you’ll usually only be considered for infertility investigations and treatment. If you’ve been trying for a baby for at least a year without becoming pregnant.
If appropriate, your GP can refer you to a fertility specialist at an NHS hospital or fertility clinic.
The specialist will ask about your fertility history, and may carry out a physical examination.
Women may have tests to check the levels of hormones in their blood and how well their ovaries are working. They may also have an ultrasound scan or X-ray to see if there are any blockages or structural problems.
Men may be asked for a semen sample to test sperm quality.
If IVF is the best treatment for you, the specialist will refer you to an assisted conception unit.
Once you’re accepted for treatment at the assisted conception unit, you and your partner will have blood tests for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and to check if you’re immune to rubella. Your [URL=‘http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cervical-screening-test/Pages/Introduction.aspx’]cervical screening tests should also be up to date.
The specialist will investigate the amount of eggs in your body and their quality (your ovarian reserve) to estimate how your ovaries will respond to IVF treatment.
This can be assessed by measuring a substance called anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) in your blood, or by counting the number of egg-containing follicles, known as your antral follicle count (AFC), using a vaginal ultrasound scan.
Your specialist will then discuss your treatment plan with you in detail and talk to you about any support or guidance you may find helpful.
Hope this might help you. Good luck xx


IVF is generally recommended for:

  • If the patient has been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
  • If the women Fallopian tubes are blocked.
  • At the time, when other infertility techniques have not been successful.
  • If the male partner has a minor problem with his sperm.
  • If the couple has been trying to conceive for at least two years and a cause hasn’t been found to explain, why there is no sign of pregnancy.


You would find info on ivf and stages- here Hope you would find it helpful xx