Where can i get PIO for a decent price

Hi there !!

I’ve been instructed to take two PIO shots a day. A bottle is costing me around $95 each (believe it’s a 100ml)

I called my local compound pharmacy and they wanted $115 a bottle.

Anyone know a place where I can order it cheaper. The $95 one was from conception pharmacy.

Any help would be appreciated !!

Thanks !!!

Have you checked freedom pharmacy or walgreens specialty? My insurance covers mine - its not specifically a fertility drug so I was able to get it covered so I don’t know about the prices but those places are way cheaper…

Love Walgreens Specialty… just got my meds from there for my next round of IVF! 1-866-wag - yess.

Awesome. I’m checking caremark which my insurance is through.

You guys didn’t have to go to a compounding pharmacy?

Thanks !!!

[QUOTE=MommaBear11]Awesome. I’m checking caremark which my insurance is through.

You guys didn’t have to go to a compounding pharmacy?

Thanks !!![/QUOTE]
First time I didn’t have to. I had sesame oil and it was carried by my insurance -Medco and covered. This time I am trying progesterone in ethyl olate. I had a reaction to the sesame and was miserable. So they changed me. My insurance covers it but doesn’t have the mixture so they transferred it to freedom - same price! $20 for 3 bottles!

[QUOTE=laurieb30]Love Walgreens Specialty… just got my meds from there for my next round of IVF! 1-866-wag - yess.[/QUOTE]
Is that, really the number? Lol

Do you have any normal perscription coverage? I only have generic med coverage and my pio was covered. Have them put generic only on the script. Technically it’s pregnancy support med not fertility so even with no fertility coverage you should be able to argue. I believe if you have med coverage they should pay for it. I went to my local pharmacy. Not a specalty. The first time it took them two days to order it but it only cost me my copay.

Freedom Pharmacy accepted our new insurance this cycle and we paid $25 for three bottles. Barron Pharmacy in Beachwood, OH was who we went through for our last cycle and they were $96 for 3 bottles.

Thank you guys sooooo much !!!

See my RE sent to conception pharmacy and said that’s where i need to get it because it’s a compounding pharmacy. I asked them if they ran it through insurance and they told me that they dont because it’s compound. Then when I asked if there was some place cheaper I could get it, she said to try our local compounding pharmacy. That was a bust. So I went on assuming that PIO was not going to be covered by insurance.

Well I looked and it is covered !!! And I get it through Caremark !!! Makes me sick I spent 600 bucks on 6 bottles :frowning: But it’s good to know now since I"m taking two PIOs a day !

You ladies rock !!! :cheer: :cheer:

[QUOTE=MommaBear11]

Well I looked and it is covered !!! And I get it through Caremark !!! Makes me sick I spent 600 bucks on 6 bottles :frowning: But it’s good to know now since I"m taking two PIOs a day !

You ladies rock !!! :cheer: :cheer:[/QUOTE]
Call your insurance for reimbursement. I found out mine covered Crinone a year later after paying oop and they reimbursed me when I submitted receipts.

Glad I found this post!!! I spend $450 on Crinone in January. My insurance doesn’t cover infertility nothing! But I didn’t even to think about asking medications, since Crinone and PIO is considered pregnancy supporting. I called and they said they covered!! Too excited, now I’m asking for reimbursement on what I paid for Crinone.

Do ya’ll think I should get my OB to write rx for PIO and Crinone instead of fertility clinic? And I guess I should tell them not to use a fertility diagnosis code, just in case.

[QUOTE=shellycoste]Glad I found this post!!! I spend $450 on Crinone in January. My insurance doesn’t cover infertility nothing! But I didn’t even to think about asking medications, since Crinone and PIO is considered pregnancy supporting. I called and they said they covered!! Too excited, now I’m asking for reimbursement on what I paid for Crinone.

Do ya’ll think I should get my OB to write rx for PIO and Crinone instead of fertility clinic? And I guess I should tell them not to use a fertility diagnosis code, just in case.[/QUOTE]

I just have my re write it and I’ve never had a problem. They cover my estrogen patches too! Good luck on your fet