Why are follicles growing slow?

Ok ladies,

I have some questions.:grouphug:

This is my 3rd month on femara (2.5mg) this month is suppose to be my 3rd IUI. Both of my IUIs, I had one mature follicle at 2.2 and lining of 11. My first IUI was on day 16th and my 2nd IUI was day 13.

However today was my day 13, and follicles are small, a 1.0 is apparently growing, and the others are still small & growing. I go back for more blood work and ultrasound on Saturday ( Day 15). They told me if they continue not to grow, we will skip the IUI, and they will give me a medication to bring on AF, and then start the process again. Do you think they will grow? why is this month like this?

Does a person ovulate even if there is no mature follice? what about people that don’t ovulate on their own… how do they get the follciles to mature?

Also is it even a good idea to go ahead with an IUI if they mature and it’s late in the cycle?

I am scared that what if I ovulate, but there is no mature follicle.

I even took 4 days off work, so in case it fell on my work schedule for the IUI.

Im sad, its weird why are they so slow.:grr:

Sometimes follies just grow slower than other cycles. I’ve had a cycle where they grew slow. had an IUI on cd 16 and then one at cd18. For me i had a cycle that my follies were growing slow on 100mg clomid, so my RE added follistim injections to give them a boost. I think you’ve still got time for them to grow or atleast the big one and can still do the IUI.

Girls who do not ovulate on their own usually just don’t ovulate and have super long cycles. That is when they add meds to make AF show up.

To ovulate you have to have a mature follie to make your body surge the hormone to ovulate. So without a mature follie your body can’t surge there for ovulate.

:cross:

This is my fouth month on Femara and is suppose to be my 3rd iui, and I have been having the same problem this month. My follicles do not seem to be growing. I have now been on injectibles for the past 8 days, but my doctor started me off on a really low dose and has been increasing it since they are still not really growing. I asked if we should just forget about it, take medication to bring on AF and try again, but she said no, that there would be no point in doing that, and that eventually a follicle should grow with the injectibles. Today is about CD25 for me and I still am trying to get a follicle to grow. I go back Saturday for another scan, and am really hoping it will be ready. So, you’re not alone!

New to the IUI

Hello,
My name is Jamie. Had my first IUI on 15 November. Don’t know the sperm count, had three follicles on one ovary and two on other, lining was less than 10. I took Clomide days 5-9 and HCG trigger shot on Sat Nov 14th. I couldn’t wait and took a pregnancy test today and it came back positive. I know you should wait longer but couldn’t stand it any longer… What are the chances that it is just the trigger shot giving me the positive???

HCG shot- 14 Nov
IUI #1 -Nov 15th:cross:

My dosage is just 2.5mg on femara, at least you got to go on injections, I cant until I see the doctor in which I do on Thursday, I will let him to know to give me something more aggressive. If I go back on Saturday and they are still not growing, I will just wait to see what happens on Sunday and if they are still not growing I will just skip it all together. I really don’t want to take more meds to bring on AF, so I will just wait till it comes naturally and then go back on day 3 to start again. My acupuncturist said if thats the case, I will do a 1 week homopathic uterus and ovary detox, to get rid of all the meds etc and take a break from all vitamins.

What I find funny is that various people say that if you do not get a mature follicle then you will not ovulate, however others say that even if you do not a get a mature follicle you still ovulate.

However if you do not ovulate then you shouldnt get a period right? well I know that if I don’t get a mature follicle, I will still get my period.

The acupuncturist said that some months are like that that the egg quality is just bad, and that is why it isnt maturing.

In respect to your case Saturday will be day 27th for you, if they don’t mature how much longer does she want you to go? Do you ovulate late, or not ovulate at all? With all do respect if you do ovulate ok, then it seems like late in the cycle, if not is she just waiting to and will trigger you? How long are your cycles?

I also heard that later in the cycle the egg quality isnt the best. I find this all confusing. All professionals I talk to say various things.

I also feel like im ovulating, but then again maybe its not, I feel a weird pain inmy right area. ( maybe its:clap: the follicles growing lol)
:bsv:

Please keep me informed

Before starting fertility treatment my cycles would be anywhere from 40-80 days. Basically I wasn’t ovulating before, so I wasn’t getting a period that often.

ok so thats good, hopefully you can get a big fat follicle this weekend, trigger and boom have an amazing IUI with a gorgeous healthy baby in 9 months.:bsv:
Are you doing gonal F?

Thanks, I pray for that outcome too. No, I’m not on gonal f, I’m on something called puregon. I’m in Canada so I know sometimes our drugs differ than those in the states.

[quote=gizmo]Ok ladies,

I have some questions.:grouphug:

This is my 3rd month on femara (2.5mg) this month is suppose to be my 3rd IUI. Both of my IUIs, I had one mature follicle at 2.2 and lining of 11. My first IUI was on day 16th and my 2nd IUI was day 13.

However today was my day 13, and follicles are small, a 1.0 is apparently growing, and the others are still small & growing. I go back for more blood work and ultrasound on Saturday ( Day 15). They told me if they continue not to grow, we will skip the IUI, and they will give me a medication to bring on AF, and then start the process again. Do you think they will grow? why is this month like this?

Does a person ovulate even if there is no mature follice? what about people that don’t ovulate on their own… how do they get the follciles to mature?

Also is it even a good idea to go ahead with an IUI if they mature and it’s late in the cycle?

I am scared that what if I ovulate, but there is no mature follicle.

I even took 4 days off work, so in case it fell on my work schedule for the IUI.

Im sad, its weird why are they so slow.:grr:[/quote]

Hi, im just lerking, My Follies grew really slowly and they were going to cancell mine. They upped my meds to the maximum dose and hey presto. they grew enough! I know its hard but be patient and if you have to start again, they will have a better idea of how you respond to the meds. Hope this helps?
Good Luck and take care xx:flower:

Hey, I am in Canada as well.

Hey ladies I thought I’d throw some thoughts in. You don’t have to ovulate to have a period it a common misconception. You also don’t ovulate with out a mature follicle you body may still produce an lh surge although unlikely but your immature follicle won’t rupture.

hey ladies,

So day 15 today went clinic looks like they still havent grown, I go back Monday but it looks like NO IUI this month. I have my review with the doctor on Friday, so I will take it from there, to see what other meds he willl prescribe me. Maybe increase femara and or add injectins also.

I know this sounds really weird but I read it somewhere and it works for me, when I find out my follicles aren’t as big as they need to be I take a warm water bottle and a towel out of the dryer and curl up with them on my stomach and I swear by it, it helps those suckers grow but don’t do it for too long a lot of heat can affect egg quality